Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SE440 BX-3 Mother Board Help

Hello...I have a Dell Plll 500MHz computer. I've since updated the CPU with a Powerleap PL-iP3/T processor which is now a 1.2GHz. I have 768mb of PC-100 SD-ram. My video card is a Nvidia GeForce3 TI-200 with 64mb of DDR Ram. I wanted to know if anyone knows of a way on this mother board to increase the voltage to the CPU. SiSoft Sandra shows that the mother board supports voltages of 2.0v and the Powerleap runs at 1.475 volts and also runs very cool since it comes with a fan and heat sink. The mother board is also capable of running a faster CPU according to SiSoft. Naturally the bios does not allow you to do any overclocking. Do I have any options besides purchasing a new computer or motherboard. I'm also aware of the dangers of overclocking so that is why I am seeking an opinion before attempting anything. Thank you.

RR:rolleyes:

You've already discovered the lack of settings within the BIOS and this is due to items that Dell has removed from their mainboards before selling them. The reason is the decrease of service calls required for their systems since the ability to overclock is essentially removed from their product line.

You'll basically have three choices here:

- Look for a BIOS update for your motherboard. This may or may not work depending on the BIOS chip used on the board by Dell.

- Try a software utility like SoftFSB or something similar. It is a means to manually adjust the FSB without using the BIOS, but there are limitations on chipset/motherboard support. There are a few floating around that work, so just do a bit of research. This won't help you in your quest for higher voltages, though.

- Lastly, you can just scrap the current mainboard and go for broke with a newer one that hasn't been raped by an end-user manufacturer.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

intel never made a BX-3 motherboard according to their site.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherb...htm#pentium_ii

just the Seattle board which is SE440BX-2

Dell at times have had custom made mobo's before with unusual numbering but they arn't the only one that I've come across with this and findin' info on the custom mobo's is almost impossible in some cases as the manufacturer has either long gone out of business or been taken over by another mob. Compaq, HP, IBM are also some others that have done this in the past. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information