Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ocing axp 2000+

I recently built a new system. axp 2000+ w/ retail hsf , epox 8k5a3+ wit 256mb of corsair xms pc2700. Now when i first built it it was runnign win me. I got it overclocked to 1828mhz by rasing the fsb. I turned it back down beuase i didnt wanna hurt my chip wit crappy cooling. So 2 weeks went by, i installed win 2000 pro and now its today. I wanted to see if i could get back up to 1828 but all my attempts were un succesfull. A few times windows wouldnt boot so i increased the vcore and it went into windows. At 1.9 windows booted but my programs were giving me errors. So now the highest i could get it to is 1760. What casued this change and how cna i get it back up? Also by raising the fsb am i puttin my pci an agp cards in danger of geting fried.

Mike

You will get a higher o/c speed with ME than 2K as 2K (and XP) has more services involved which means that it puts a larger load on the CPU than ME (if ya stuck 98/98SE on you'd likely get a better o/c again). To get 2K higher will require a much better HSF and I suggest at least a Volcano 7+ (forget the Volcano 7 & 9 as they're not up to the 7+ standard).
    The quality of the cards that ya have installed will determin what is a safe speed but usually a failed boot results and clearing of the CMOS (some newer mobo's will just reboot themselves to default settings). :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Well i awoke this morning and what did i see? An slk 800 with a tornado fan !! How is XP when it comes to overclocking?

mike

XP is like 2K as both are based on the NT kernel though XP is the better of the two. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information