Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking Duron 1.2 Ghz

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum here. I love my comp. but I just feel like I want some more speed outta my Duron (1,200 mhz). When I get into the BIOS to changes the clock multiplier everything's locked down it won't let me alter anything. I've heard some ways that you can do something by flipping something around the processor or something of that matter. Also I don't really have any special cooling on my comp. so would it be safe to maybe boost it up to lets say 1,350 mhz or 1,400? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    :rolleyes:
    ~*KennyGSlim*~

Ya have to unlock the CPU first by reconnecting the L1 bridges on the CPU first with a quality graphite pencil (don't cross any as this can damage it) and then you'll be able to access that part of the BIOS but you will need good cooling for this to work plus your results will depend not only on luck but the quality of the other parts involved also. ;)

Good luck with ya darkside adventures. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Alright I feel like a idiot here I thought I was pretty savy with the internals of a comp. but how do you reconnect the L1 bridge? And what kind of fan do you think I should buy for my processor.
    Heres my system

Geforce3 Ti500
    -->Generic Fans all around
    VIA Motherboard
    ~*KennyGSlim*~

Feel free to check out the AMD Overclocking Guide. It will give you a lot of information to get you started down the dark paths of the true enthusiast.

As for the fan, Wiggo will recommend nothing less than a Thermaltake Volcano 7+ cooler, and that's a very good place to start. But if you don't mind spending a little money on a good cooler, then there are several choices.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information