Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: NEED HELP! Overclocking Athlon XP 1800+

I have an MSI KT266A Pro-2 motherboard which now supports up to an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ with the BIOS flash and motherboard drivers. I currently own an Athlon XP 1800+ and trying to beef it up a bit. When changing the FSB in the BIOS from a measly 133 to 140 I can get my CPU up to the speeds of an Athlon XP 1900+ which is not much more than 100Mhz if that much. I want to push it just a bit more to at least 1.7 Ghz but when I adjust the FSB any higher than 140 with a typical multiplier of 11.5, the BIOS goes bonkers when booting up. Any ideas of what I can do?

You might try unlocking the processor to see if you can get any higher results by multiplier manipulation.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

:devil: :snip:

If you want to sqeeze a little more juice from it try taking your agp bus down a notch (ie. 4x to 2x).then u can bang your self in the head trying to over clock the card.

Why would someone want to cut their video card's bandwidth in half? You can get very good overclocking results on modern video boards without having to cut its throat by halving the data path.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

well i guess then i depends on how much more u can get the fsb to go up.if its a considerable amount it wouldnt matter as is in my case.sometimes the video card cant take it.samething with memory.unfortunatly i dont have a mb with a good agp bus setting.u know the ones that go 1/6 and up.dont ask me to argue with u becuase you probably know more about it than me.but when u read in alot of these tutorials they will tell u the same thing. :shoot2: BTW i have a Geforce 3 Ti500
    SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra with 512 2700 DDR
    1.6 Athlon OC'd @ 1.8 with a FSB of 150/183

Thread Information