Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: System hangs due to over clocking after inserting new 512 ra

Have an Intel 1 ghz P III on a Jetway 695AS motherboard with 256 mb SDRAM . Recently put in 512 MB of SDRAM 133 hz . After booting things are fine but after a few hours or a few attempts of booting the system hangs . When I reboot the system ( have to power off manually ) a message comes up on the screen " Warning - system was hanged due to over-clocking. Clock speed set to default H/W frequency " . Tried removing the 512 and using the 256 only . Also took the 512 and got a replacement . Still get the same problem . i.e. the PC runs fine for sometime ( days ) before it starts bugging me , it just hangs ! can anyone help me out ? Thanks .

I don't have much faith in Jetway mobos but it's probably selecting a to aggressive memory timings if ya just got it set as "By SPD" in which case ya'll have to select "By User" and manually lower the timings a bit or increase the memory voltage (if possible) and try again. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks wiggo !
    These settings that u spoke about .. are they in the BIOS setup ? could u be more specific and tell me which menu options to tinker with ? thanks a lot !
    Cheers mate !

The options should be in the BIOS somewhere if they can be changed but where can vary from BIOS to BIOS though it shouldn't be hard to find plus the mobo manual should give ya more details. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information