Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: DirectX gets corrupted!

Whenever I try to oc my system my directX gets corrupted in WinXp and I'm forced to reinstall the os. My system is as follows:

P4 1.8A
    Gigabyte 8IEXP mobo
    OCZ PC3000 memory
    Thermaltake Spark 7 cpu cooler
    EVGA Geforce 4 ti4200

After I overclocked my proc to 2.2 I first made sure it was stable, but when I tried to play comanche4 it crashed back to the desktop and after that none of my games would start. In dxdiag when I tested the direct X my monitor would flicker and then it would say I cancelled by pressing a key. Please help.:cry:

Just to make sure it's not strictly an overclocking problem, did you set the clock speed back to 1.8GHz and then try to use a DirectX program again? I wouldn't think that 2.2GHz would be too much a load on your processor, but Windows does get stupid when you start cranking up the speeds farther than it likes.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

After I reinstalled the os I did clock it down and then the directx seems to work fine. So it probably is just an overclocking problem, but I don't understand why the directx gets corrupted.

It's not always DX that will do it but your setup just happens to pick that one out. ;)

I could be that ya just need a little more voltage applied to a certain part/s, or ya memory timings are to fast for the memory to properly function w/o errors or even a PCI card that can't handle the load in other cases. :)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

No I dont think thats the case because my pci/agp dividers are locked and the memory timings are the ones the ocz ram is designed to run.

My personal opinion of OCZ quality over the years plus the bad reseller ratings over the same period plus the business shenanigans that they have also pulled.....

I'm sorry that I got carried away there and I will now leave and take some medication to calm me down.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information