Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/C Trouble w/ Albatron Ti4200 Turbo 128mb

If ya can get another stick of that exact same memory then that will take some strain off the new hard drive with XP being able to better "fit" ya system and not require so much accessin' the swapfile on the drive for more data more often. Get a WesternDigital hard drive as well. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

yeah, I follow. I had to hold back on the memory and hard drive due to the budget, but I knew it was a mistake. Thanks again.

I just got a new system with an Albatron GeForce4 ti4200P Turbo 128 and I am having no success at all overclocking it. I've installed the nvtweak etc. and the highest settings I can get are 255 core and 520 memory, respectively (without artifacts or program crashes running 3DMark2001 tests). As this is only 5 (core) and 20 (mem) over the stock speeds, I am more than just a tad bit disheartened. This is an expensive ti4200 and I spent the extra dough because it was rumored to be a great overclocker.

Here's the rest of my specs:

Athlon XP 1800+ tbred smoothly overclocked to 1.99 ghz
    MSI MS-6712 KT4V Motherboard
    Aero Flow VA4-C7040 Heatsink
    256 megs Corsair XMS PC2700 DDR
    Maxtor 6L080L4 80 gig HD (7200 RPM)
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    New nvidia 41.09 driver

Any thoughts on what could be holding me back? I'm stumped.

I'm new to OC'ing video cards but all the reviews I've read from this card lead me to believe that something is amiss, since everyone else says its a breeze to OC.

Should I be using something other than Coolbits?

Please advise. I will worship anyone who can set me on the right course toward 4600 speeds.

Yours in all good things,

motility

PS. My 3Dmark2001 benchmarks are around 11250, at current.

Hmm... You're worse off than I am. I'm new to o/c too, and haven't had much success yet. Did you read over the other posts in reply to my first? Also there are some other Threads started about the same thing, check for them under like Video Cards. The only thing I can really suggest is to uninstall and reinstall your 3dmark2001 and drivers. That's what I going to do when I get my new 40gig hdd. Good Luck.

Yes, I read over the other threads and this one. Alas...

I tried re-installing 3DMark2001SE and that didn't work. I'll try re-installing the Detonator drivers later.

Thx-

motility
    desperate for advice

PS> One more thing....the overclocking I did on my Athlon XP 1800+ was done today, and I was having the vid card OC problems well before I overclocked my CPU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information