Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/C Trouble w/ Albatron Ti4200 Turbo 128mb

Alright, so I'm pretty frustrated right about now. I don't get it. I don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure with the default setting (250/552) I got a little over 9000. I tried at first using the coolbits that came with the video card, but I could only overclock to like 295/585 without having the 3DMARK2001SE start to get choppy and run improperly in the high detail game benches. I tried dling NVmax, but no dice there, every time I tried installing it it told me I either needed newer drivers (which I had) or there was no compatible device (which there is). So I dont' know, all I know is that in the reviews I read the guys were getting to like 306/690 or something.

System Specs:
    Enermax Case 300w PS w/ 2 case fans
    Albatron KX400-8X mobo
    AMD 1800+ XP
    256mb Kingston PC2700
    Maxtor 12gb 5400rpm
    Albatron GF4 Ti4200 Turbo 128mb

A lot of variables come into play here and you just may not get that far but do read this article as it maybe of help, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...de&dId=411 ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

when the 3DMARK bench get choppy it means I've gone to far, right?

Sometimes but artifacts are a better indication there and ya prob maybe just software related but then maybe something else (ya drivers just may not like ya, but who am I to comment as I can't see ya). :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

wait, what?

what kind of software problems? I didn't try to run any games after the 3DMARK2001 got all choppy.

Ok the do this,

if ya got XP go to ya Control Panel/Admin Tools/Event Viewer and take screenshots (Alt + Print Screen then open paint/paintshop and then Ctrl + V and trim off any excess white background and save as .jpg files) of all the errors listed there (in each folder) and see if ya can tie in any times that maybe important but do post the results here for someone to see with anything ya can remember to any events logged by usin' the file attachment facility just above the submit button ya can upload those .jpg's (.png and .gif are also ok files to use) 1 at a time to this thread and someone is sure to ask ya a few more questions as I may not be available to often for a while now (that's why this now 30hr postin' marathon atm plus the fact that I'm so sore though how much longer I stay awake is debutable as it's almost time for me to be able to take some more painkillers). Holler if ya have any probs doin' that as someone will help ya. ;)

<center> </center>

There's nothing in the event viewer that would indicate a problem with the benchmarking software, I just looked. I'm going to overclock again. Start with the cpu, go to the max and then the mem. I'll let you know how it turns out. oh I ran 3dmark again on default and got like 9765, which isn't bad.

alright, so far I overclocked the card to 310 core and my game, medal of honor allied assault, started getting all choppy and locked up a bit, very slow. But I don't think it was just the overclocking, but also my 3 yr old 12gb hard drive, which I'm working on getting a new one. I couldn't see any artifacts though. I put it back down to 300 and I'm going to overclock the memory now.

OK, I think it's my hard drive. I can just hear it putt-putting along struggling to keep up. I'll get a new one and see how things go from there. Thanks a lot for the help though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information