Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: overclocking P3 on an asus cuv-nt motherboard

How do you go about overclocking a Pentium 3 on an asus cuv-nt mobo in an HP Pavillion 8766C? Also, is there someplace on the net that has complete documentation on this mobo for future use?

Thanx

I might as well give ya the bad news first and that is that it's unlikely that ya will overclock it without major surgery and possible dissapointment at the end. Have a look at the other threads on overclockin' name brand PC's (use the search facility here). : peace2:

Now just a bit of advise. If ya want something that is as versitile and capable as you and your wallet want then start planin' a completely new PC to build yourself (check my sig out, all built by me over the last 4.5yrs and I didn't know how to turn one on 6months before that) and that way you know what it can and can't do plus its an education in itself that's well worth it. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Here's where you can download the manual for your mobo.

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/persona.../bph06062.html
    You can't overclock it with the BIOS HP has loaded on it, and ASUS does not have a BIOS you can download for it. I have the same mobo, and since it has a VIA 694X chipset, have often wondered if one of the BIOS's from ASUS other overclockable mobos with the same chipset would work... as soon as I get my hands on an old EPROM that I can backup my existing BIOS on, I'll give it a try.

One thing that my help boost your performance though... HP was cheap and shipped most computers with that mobo with PC100 RAM even though it supports PC133. I swapped out my OEM PC100 for PC 133 and got about a 5% performace boost according to SYSMark and 3DMark. Downloading all the latest chipset drivers help as well.

HP branded computers do not overclock - end of story, I've tried that many times.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Thread Information