Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: increasing voltage

As an update to my previous post
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=7426

It is possible to change the FSB with this motherboard and system and that is exactly what I did!!! All you need to do (for those of you with the same system) is download either CPUCool or CPUFSB. I prefer CPUCool because it also allows me to monitor my temps while overclocking. Anyway, be sure that you have the correct PLL when you use it, don't worry about the mobo model. The PLL on mine is ICS 9248CF-98. Should be the same on all of the same model, but not sure. After you make sure not to select a mobo, go to Functions->Change FSB/Change CPU Speed. From there select the appropriate PLL and have fun, but be safe when overclocking!

Good luck to all!!!

does anyone know if there is a program that will allow you to change the processor voltage w/out using the bios, 'cause my HP Pavillion 8766C P3 900 will only overclock to 989.89 Mhz without freezing up. I have sufficient cooling, but I need to know of a way to increase the voltage because there is no real documentation for the mobo except for the crap that HP gives. Plus there are no options in the bios either.

Also might anyone know what the average maximum temperature for the processor would be. Max voltage might also be nice.

Thread Information