Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ppl with corsair xms pc3200, help

my corsair xms pc3200 doesn't run at its specified timings, does that mean theres something wrong with it? or my system sucks

its rated cas2, but whenver i set it to cas2 it locks up when i try to boot, does anyone know whY?
    <font color=red size=1>|</font><font size=1>T-bred AMD Athlon XP 1800+<font color=red>|</font>
    <font color=blue>|</font><font size=1>Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra<font color=blue>|</font>
    <font color=red>|</font>512 mb Corsair XMS PC3200<font color=red>|</font>
    <font color=blue>|</font>Leadtek Winfast G4 Ti4200 w/ 8x support<font color=blue>|</font>
    <font color = red>|</font>Maxtor ATA133 80 gb w/ 8mb cache<font color=red>|</font>
    <font color = blue>|</font>Verbatim 48x12x50 CD-RW<font color=blue>|</font>
    <font color=red>|</font>Logitech Cordless Elite Duo<font color=red>|</font>
    <font color = blue>|</font>Win XP Pro SP1<font color=blue>|</font>

Ok then there could be a few things causin' this and they are either the memory isn't gettin' enough voltage (main prob and can simply be fixed by raising the voltage to the memory by 0.1v, the second is that the BIOS isn't detecting properly (this means that you have to manually set the timings and speed of the memory in BIOS and thirdly is rather sad as not all mobo's can handle this type of memory. This is why I use EPoX mobo's and have a couple of Kingmax sticks handy as a couple of times I've had to use the Kingmax to setup the BIOS first to get the Corsair to work (maybe what you need to do) but this last extreme has only happened to me twice in probably 30 odd times so far.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information