Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking Athlon 700 Classic

Hi all. First sorry for my poor english.
    Iīm trying to overclock my poor Athlon 700 (Slot A), changing the FSB (110 or 115), it runs but i have some problems of stability and graphics problems (because the AGP and PCI changes its bus too).
    I know that exist a little thing called Goldenfinger to change the multiplier and voltage, but my question is: can i change the multiplier of my 700 without goldfinger?.
    I know the method of the pencil in socket, but i donīt know if it run in the Athlon classic.
    My motherboard is a Epox EP7KXA, the Bios donīt have a multiplier change: If I unlock the multiplier (with the pencil, L1 bridges) how can i say to processor what multiplier that i want(i havenīt it in the bios)?, can i make it or itīs impossible?.
    Thanks for your time and answer:)

IMHO the trouble is not worth it and around 112MHz was about the best stable FSB most could get (if that lucky). Better to save the funds and start planning your next PC m8.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information