Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: p4 or atlon OCING?

hey,,once agiain i have a simple question for u guys(but hard for me cause i am a newb :)

is p4 easier to OC? and does p4 need to do those unlocking stuff that athlon has???

and is p4 better than athlon now? cause i see wiggo's is using P4 now

MASTA OF ALL COMPUTERS

It's all a matter of taste, money and what you use it for but both overclock easily but the Athlon does have the bonus of multiplier manipulation so it's really up to you in the end. Just remember that there are certain horses for certian courses so pick your course first then go from there. :devil win

BTW I won't be in a hurry to get another P4 as they don't suit my use so the new Athlon system that I build myself next month (after price cuts) will be a real performer and not a benchmark freak. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

For 3D modeling work would you happpen to know if one is better than the other?

The software would be Maya PLE and XSI.

Thanks for the info.

P.S. Wiggo you rock! If I was a girl I would want to have your babies. :D

I'm glad that ya not. :D

I couldn't say with that software as I don't know it but most of mine rely on raw floating point operations where the Athlon's 3 FPU's come into their own and SSE2 instructions arn't worth a damn so ya goin' to have to do some homework on that one ya self. ;)

I look at the two this way, if ya into finely tuned race V8's then that describes the Athlon, but if ya into European or Japanese 4 cylinder turbo racers with their peaky engines then that describes the P4 (well my description anyway). :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I'm glad that ya not. :D
    ...so ya goin' to have to do some homework on that one ya self[/B]

:cry:

Actually me too. It's tough enough being a guy. I really would not want to have to deal with all the extra **** a girl has to go through. Plus... the best part about being a guy is that you can piss in someone's eye.

I couldn't say with that software as I don't know it but most of mine rely on raw floating point operations where the Athlon's 3 FPU's come into their own and SSE2 instructions arn't worth a damn . ;)

I know Lightwave loves P4s. I was looking at a P4 cause I want to make a silent but high powered computer. But now I'm thinking of switching from a p4 2.4Ghz on either a Granite bay or SIS 648 to a Athlon Thrghbrd 1.8 on an nForce 2.

[B]I look at the two this way, if ya into finely tuned race V8's then that describes the Athlon, but if ya into European or Japanese 4 cylinder turbo racers with their peaky engines then that describes the P4 (well my description anyway). :devil:
    Got to say I'm in the Euroese pr Japean crowd. I like to turn my car(since I get lost all the time I have to!) and I like to feel the road.

Well I'm into fast mountain drivin' so the low down V8 grunt is the go for goin' up them twisty hills. ;)

Have ya ever seen the Bathurst 1000? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Have ya ever seen the Bathurst 1000? :?:
    No I can't say that I have. I've never been much to watch events/sports/etc.
    But I have found that I do like to watch certain kinds of racing, i.e. rally and street(not the illegal crap).

Well that race goes for 1000km (600miles) up and down a mountain and there V8's rule. :thumb:

The V8 drivers are always complainin' about how dangerous and slow those "other" cars are windin' up the mountain. :laugh:

Sounds cool!

Well there's a couple of races up there now durin' the year with a 24hr one started just last year but the Bathurst 1000 in October goes out all over the world so maybe this October ya should take a look. ;)

Thread Information