Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unlocked ?

Okay I did run into a little problem. I have to set my mem at 133 actually it's really 139 cause of the FSB. It gets sluggish after I run PCmark2002 and I have to wait a minute before my system responds like normal. What it does is my cordless optical mouse moves but icons don't respond to clicking on them the keyboard works fine and I can open stuff though there. It's a Kingston PC2700 512 meg stick set back at normal setting instead of fastest. Do you think I should put a heat speader on it is it getting to hot or perhaps I need to increase to voltage to it? Oh incase this helps at 166 plus the FSB incease of 6 it shows PC2700 at 344. I can't see any way to get it to stay at 166. My other option is to only overclock to 12*133 and leave the mem at 166 would that be better? Or I guess I could lower the FSB from 139 to maybe 135 or something it might handle that. Oh and the mem bench mark doesn't seem to change much at pc2700 at the 344 vise the pc2100 at 278.

PCMark2002 will sometimes behave very strange with some overclocked systems for some reason that I havn't figured out yet so I don't trust it all the time.;)

As for the overclocking I raise both the core and memory voltages by 0.1v before I start overclockin'. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I pumped up the mem to 2.6 and it seems to have fixed things.

I set myself a limit of 2.7v for the memory and 1.8v for the core so I don't push to far for the reason I want the PC to be around for a good long while (also this is a very hot country and 40C days are common plus I don't have a/c here yet) but some mean o/c's can be had with that just the same (that 166MHz FSB will be your's). :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information