Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unlocked ?

I think I have my 1700 palamino unlocked, but not for sure.
    When i connected everything ( I used a defogger repair kit) and set the FSB to 166 and multi to 9.5 to start it can up up at 166 x 9 then I tried it at 166 x 10 and it came up as 166 x 8 so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. I'm guessing that it is only some what unlocked? I found it kind of strange that instead of not posting it set the multi to a lower number, but maybe that not so strange. I almost forgot I haven't had any luck just raising the multiplier either and leaving the FSB at 133. Any thoughts

It sounds like ya need to do it again. :(

That's what I was think. Darn. I was guessing that some how I only made the lower multiplier available.

If it's worked then every multiplier up to 12.5 is available but if any don't work then the job has to be redone. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I looked at it and I can still see a little gold color on one of bridges so I think maybe that is the problem so I'm gonna tape it back up and put alittle more of the compound on it. Is it possable that I just did not put enough compound on them all?

Very possible as a certain amount of current must be conducted thru the bridge and if it's not enough then yes you'll have to add a bit more and this is the reason that the pencil trick will not work with these as the graphite will not support enough current. ;)

Well I have to do a few things then I will post how round two went. Actually it's round three I did a real bad job the first time. One positive thing. I haven't fried the 1700 yet:laugh:

If ya ever hard lock onto one multiplier (11 usually) is when ya got to get it out fast and clean it up as this is an indication of the CPU shorting. ;)

Well guess what. Nope not fried it works just wouldn't go to 10 * 166, but had no problem taking 133 * 12. So it's unlocked I will post some temps latter it's running a 3d benchmark now, but idle it stayed at 32c.

Well highest temp was 37c with mem set at 166 and fasest timing. I got my 1700+ palimino set at 12*139 a 2000+. Historically I could do no better than 11*138 and that wasn't even stable. Of course that was with a stock HSF and that has been replaced with a HHC-001 from coolermaster. I know most of you guys like to Volcano 7+, but I thought I would give this a try and I love it. So anyways if anyone is thinking about unlocking I say try it. Worst case you go get a new thoroughbred core wow that would really suck, nope. Oh and as I said before this was with a defogger repair kit bought at NAPA for 7 bucks and some superglue. Thanks for all the advise Wiggo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information