Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking the Geforce 4 MX440 video card

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a Winfast A170 DDR TD video card, with the Geforce 4 MX440 Nvidia chipset. I was wondering if everyone has overclocked it.

The default clock speed is 270(Core)/400(Memory). If anyone has overclocked it, could you let me know your maximum speed was please.

I have already added an extra 0.1V to the AGP slot, because my CPU has been overclocked. Also, if I do overclock this video card, will it add more strain to the CPU?

Cheers,

Johnny.

Mines doin' 310/530 atm. ;)

Standard manufacturer video fan? AGP slot voltage?

Yes and 1.6V ;)

How do you overclock the video card? Im running a GeForce 2 MX400. Is there a progy or is it just the AGP Bus?

Some cards like Leadtek supply the software but if your's didn't then www.guru3d.com will have one to suit ya. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

This GeForce 4 MX440 seems to be the best buy, rather than a MX460, because you can get the same performance or higher just by OCing it (Which this card seems to be very good at! :D)

Wiggo, haven't you tried putting the GPU at 330? And lowering the memory to 500? You'll get much better performance ;) Everyone elses' G4 MX440 can seem to run at that speed with no prob's. (Without the 0.1v+)

I always bump the voltages 0.1v before any overclockin' but also I don't push to the limit anyway but mine runs just fine the way it is and I'm happy with the 6500 points it gets in 3DMark '01. ;)

I got something like 6700 for my GF4 when I had it OCed at 330 500 with directx 8, and this was a while ago, so I suggest that you do it, it's a hell of a performance boost :thumb: at least I hope so anyway.

Umm... mine's in an XP1800+ w/ a ****ty Gigabyte BIOS but I rather the 7500 I get with my other XP1800+ with it's cheaper DX8 supportin' R9000. ;)

Oh btw all XP services are still runnin' in the background so those scores can easily be bettered again but I rather more real world numbers to compare. :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information