Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP on overclocking XP 1700+ tb

I have an athlonXP 1700+ tb, a MSI KT4V (via kt400 chipset based) and use pc2100 rams. I want to perform an overclock. my mainboard allows me to change the multipliers, core voltages and FSB and ram timing etc... I need some good advice to what I can do with it like the core voltage, fsb, multiplier ratios etc... that will work stable.
    thanks for reading this thread
    cheers
    cheers: :cheers:

It is impossible to say how high your personal rig will go since all systems are not created equally. Even two identical machines can have significantly different speeds that they will overclock to.

To see what to do with your own system, check out this Overclocking Guide to give you an idea as to what you will want to do and what everything means. It was designed for the Palamino processor, but will still hold true to yours. Even voltage levels at the high end are pretty close to the same between the Palamino and Thoroughbred processors.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

by the way i have a fan which cycs at 5800rpm.
    system temp is about 32, cpu temp is about 47 degrees
    are these values normal
    do i need to buy a new cooling device for overclocking lets say up to 2 Ghz or more.
    what should i buy if i have to
    sorry to bother u with so many questions
    thanks again for reply
    :thumb:

Those temperatures aren't too bad for now, but you'll likely want to get something better in place when you decide to start overclocking the processor. What to get really depends on how much you want to spend.

Also, don't forget about good case cooling. This has become a huge consideration for the Enthusiast system and a good case with adequate cooling in place will make your overclocking experience much more enjoyable.
    My Toys

I think your asking too much out of that poor old 1700+ if you wanna reach 2ghz. On stock AMD cool I pushed mine to 1585 so far, and thats with the side case panel open (window side). Im at 167x9.5 Vcore 1.620, check sig for temps.

I'm not so sure that his goals are totally out of line. He may fall a little short, but I'd be willing to guess not by that much as a general rule. Take note in the original title of the post that he indicates it is a Thoroughbred processor. Even the "A" cores are getting considerable overclocks. I have an 1800+ myself (T-Bred "A" core) and just through multiplier manipulation I can run smoothly at 1870. I haven't taken the time to do a full tweaking on it, but it will go higher with very little effort.
    My Toys

Alright so, are all 1700+ TB-A? I have no idea what mine is to tell ya the truth. I think it was brown, but i cant remember...

No as most will be Palaminoes (details of CPU on top of core) but Thoroughbreds are replacin' them (details of CPU on sticker on CPU body and "A's" have a more rectangular core than "B's"). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

well i believe i can get them sooner rather than later but which one would be the best that i can get for around a 50$.
    i would prefer a HSF with acceptable noise if possible.
    do u know any suitable models that are easy to find.
    By the way i can supply coolermaster models more easily if there is a good one..
    :rolleyes2

I find the Volcano 7+ HSF excellent for coolin' quietly (no more than medium fan speed required unless ya really pushin' the limits but even at high speed there are a lot of 60mm fans that are noisier. ;)

Also seriously consider replacin' that PC2100 memory with some PC3200/3500 then ya should be right for the darkside (PC2100 should only be used with Durons but then I'd probably still use PC2700 for them). :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information