Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OOO too hot

I see what u mean. Whats ure thoughts on the slk-800 and how much? What do you rekon a volcano7+ will get a 2200 down to then? Although if its to noisy Ill throw it in the sea.

Its not the speed that kills you, Its the sudden stop at the End

The SLK-800's are good but they're about twice the price of the 7+ before ya fit a fan to them here. :eek:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Volcano it is then, although you do know Im in the remotes of scotland, ill probably have to wait two weeks to get it. Il be aswel heading down to london on the kwak just to get it before the house burns down:laugh:

:thumb:

Ferret, make sure you get a Volcano 7 + (Plus!!!)

my temps , 2100+ @2328, system 29, cpu 42 on mid setting.

I've got a volcano 9 and it runs 40 on the highest setting but that thing is noisy!!

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    swtguy[/size]]
    I've got a volcano 9 and it runs 40 on the highest setting but that thing is noisy!!
    Yes that was a bad bit of marketin' there by Thermaltake as the 9 is noisier and much less efficient than the 7+ plus quiet a few have been burned by thinkin' "the bigger the number the better it is" but sadly in quite a few cases this isn't so. :tears:

The Volcano 11 is the successor to the 7+ for Athlon platforms (sorry but the 11 will not fit a P4 setup) but it's price is that same noise levels as the 9 seein' that it uses the same fan (I just got rid of 3 of these fans due to their high noise factor even at lower speeds). ;)

Is the 55C really too hot for CPU? :?: My CPU temp is 50C at idle and about 51-54 when stressed. My CPU cooler is 70mm ClacialTech Igloo 2400 Pro (donīt know have you ever even heard of it :D ). I also have two fans in the power source, one intake and one exhaust. Then there is one 80mm exhaust fan at the center back of my case. Should it help much, if I add one intake fan on the lower front of my case? :?: :?:

You're in winter now but it's goin' to get warmer as summer gets to ya. ;)

Hmm...thatīs a good point Wiggo. I will go and buy a cooler to the front tomorrow. I donīt want my system to end like this --> :steam: :steam: :D :D :D

Weird...I was just surfing in my BIOS and I notice the temperature monitor showed my CPU temp to be only 40C, when the windows monitor shows 50C! :?: :?: :?: Which one should I believe, the BIOS monitor or the Asus PC Probe monitor in windows? The motherboard temp seems to be the same in both places (around 30C). :( :( :?: :?:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information