Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems over clocking

Hi I'm new here.

can you guys help I'm getting no where else where.

I'm a bit confuse as to my 3d benchmark results. According to a little program I have WCPUID my prcessor is currently running at 2.01 ghz. Its a pentium 4 1.9 which I have apparantly overclocked. However using Mad Onion my test results are LOWER now than they were before I even started to over clock. I don't get it why is this happening?

My mother board is a ASUS P4SE and I'm changing the CPU/PCI frequency and my multiplier is set at 19. Is the
    right thing to change?

Can anyone please can someone tell me why my results are lower please and can you suggest how I can get them above the 1.9 ghz result.

Please help me

Dude thats confusing:?: first tell us all of the hardware ure running and ure score before and after overclocking?
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

My processor is a pentium 4 willemette core at 1.9 currently clocked at 2.01 my grpahics card is a ATI Radeon 9500 pro 128mb I have 768 of PC2700 DDR. On a ASUS P4SE mother board.

The software I using i 3D mark2001 se and this thing I found called WCPUID is bascally tells what the sytem clock is set to. Currently mine is set at 106 with a multiplier of 19 giving me a grand total of 2.01 ghz but my mark is lower.

Before I did any clocking it was 9635 now it is at 9577 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sounds to me like you didnt cool your rig when you over clocked it.try a cpu upgrade and a few more case fans

alienware 2.4/ factory oc,intel 850emv2,g4 4600 oc to 334/696,768 mb 1066 rambus

Try stoping all programs running in the background of ure computer and running 3 tests take the average and give us that. Your result has only gone down a bit so it might not be ure processor speed.
    P.S. I love alienware computers and u should feel privalaged to be able to offored one:laugh:

Thanks for teh help guys. I've managed to sort it now. I think it was because I had to many applications running. I've got a benchmark of 9962. I know its not much but at least its better than a stock 1.9 strange though as I all the things that were running when I made the intial test were still running when I made my first adjustment. Ah well thanks for the help.

Seems like a nice forum might visit here more often

Yep i thought that would be it.You should definetly visit more often this is a great site.:cheers:

Thread Information