Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking Asus A7n8x deluxe

I've got an asus a7n8x deluxe and a xp 2100 cpu. How do I overclock this? I've read everything I can and can't figure it out.

Is your XP2100+ a Palamino core (details etched on core face) or a Thoroughbred core (details on sticker attached to CPU base below the core)? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Palamino I'm pretty sure.

Ok well that will leave out the multiplier option for you non-existant till ya unlock the CPU itself but basically I'd raise the core and memory 0.1 volt and start raisin' the FSB. The main thing though would be to tell us the rest of the hardware components that ya have (especially the brand and speed of ya memory) as these will also have a bearin' on what to do. There are serval ppl here now with that exact mobo who can also be of better help as I havn't see the Asus version of that BIOS (only the EPoX version and wordin' may differ greatly). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Well when i go to adjust the fsb it only has 3 settings? 100 133 and 166. I have ocsystem ddr400 memory, Ati aiw 7500 radeon(are these overlockable too??) Volcano 9 cpu cooler.

I have this mobo and the same cpu (more details via my link on sig), but I havn't taken the time to do any real oc yet

you have to change another setting first (I can't remember which one it is at the moment, but it's just a line or 2 down from the fsb) before you can change the fsb
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Hey, I would like to overclock my xp2100+ palomino too. I once tried to adjust the CPU Frequency Multiple settings, but the result was kind of weird. :rolleyes2 The values I have there are (in this order from up to down): 13x, 13.5x, 14x, 6.5x, 7x, 7.5x, 8x, 8.5x, 9x, 9.5x, 10x, 10.5x, 11x, 11.5x, 12x, 12.5x, 13x, 13.5x
    My current setting (default) is 12.5x! I once tried the 13x setting, but when I restarted my computer, it recognized my CPU to xp1500+. :?: :?: I can try the other settings too... I let you know how they work! :hammer: :hammer: :cool:

P.S my specs are under the line, including memory speed :bounce:

It´s working! :woot: :cool: I was able to overclock my CPU from 1,74GHz to 1,81GHz! According to what I have read wrom the net, the limit should be around 1,89GHz. This was only a kind of quick experiment, so I will try to get it higher than 1,81GHz. BTW, the temperature didn´t rise than 1-2 degrees (C). I will tell you the BIOS settings later today. ;)

P.S. you may have to update your BIOS if you want the "CPU frequency multiple" settings scale to include more than the 100, 133 and 166MHz settings. (but not necessarily) :cheers: :cheers:

Ok i figured out how to change the cpu frequency multiple setting but everytime i try to bump it up even by 2 or 3 mhz it will try to reset and i just get a blackscreen and it wont turn on till i reset the cmos!?!

This is how I did it: :cool: :cool:

1. Set "System performance" to "user defined"

2. Set "CPU frequency multiple setting" to "menu "

You may also have to adjust the CPU Vcore voltage, so set the "CPU Vcore setting" to "menu"

I got the CPU to run stable at 1,81GHz (139MHz external frequency, Vcore 1,800V). :) The CPU ran otherwise stable at 1,83GHz, but the 3DMark2001 wasn´t able to complete the benchmark. :( (SisoftSandra´s "CPU arithmetic test" and "CPU multimedia test" (ran 4 times) passed) As I said my previous post, the temperature didn´t rise than 1-2 degrees (C)!!! :)

I will try to get the CPU to run at least 1,83GHz, but we´ll have to see how it goes. :D :cheers:

BTW, does anyone know, can the 3DMark2001 crashing be caused e.g. by the memorys? Should I increase their voltage a little bit? :?: :?:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information