Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CPU Temp.

Hey guys i just got Arctic Silver 3 and applied it to the CPU HSF, which is a standard AMD cooling solution. (i have an Evercool copper HS anf fan on the way.) I was wondering with AS3 applied, is 40 degrees celcius a little to hot? I dont think so, but it may be.:afro: :afro:

Thats just fine...I run 39 to 42 ...so i think you are fine...did you apply a thing coat and just on the core...?
    - Damien

AS3 usually goes thru a phase change in 24-72hrs and temps should drop another degree or so. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yes i only applied it to the CPU core. I just read the site and the said it would acctualy be 72-200 hours. I will also put it to the HS when the new one comes in. Thanks guys:cheers: :cheers:

It takes less if ya run under full load non-stop and I always run SETI as soon as I get the system up. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by homeworld1031tx
    I will also put it to the HS when the new one comes in. Thanks guys
    You're talking about putting it on the processor core, right? :?:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    You're talking about putting it on the processor core, right? :?:
    Yea, he should clean off the Artic Silver he is using off the core and reapply it to the core...not add extra to the heatsink and leave the old gunk there....

Use alcohol on a Qtip to remove the old AS3. Set it to dry for a minute and reapply.
    - Damien

Yeah i am talking about putting it on the core , and i will reapply it and clean it with alcahol. But the instructions on the website for AS said to also apply it to the HS in a special way. they basiclly want you to put it and wipe it to fill in the gaps for the HS. When i get the new HS i will do all this stuff. I stupidly rushed into doing it without looking at the site for instructions. I didnt know that it wouldnt be as simple as i thought. Thanks Guys:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Information