Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2700+ Oc

I don't know if I'm reading this right but according to what you wrote, you have a 31deg CPU at full load, albeit in a cold room, but even with ambient temps higher your Cpu temp would not be much more than 45deg C. I wouldn't be wigging out about anything lower than FIFTY (yes, 50 deg C), due to the fact the core architecture has been so improved since the original palominos and T-birds and deal with heat with much more improved circuity. I'm running my original athlong 1.33 at about 1.444 and it's about at 55 to 60 deg at full load after an hour and we're talking with case fans galore here. And that thing has been running two years without a glitch.

Question, I'm posting again, is anyone here getting stable 200mhz FSB, I wasn't sure if anyone had posted that yet. And I mean a stable match 200mhz FSB with good memory, like my Geil pc3500

I know the chip will take the temps that high...I just dont like seeing them that high! I am on the march up to 200fsb right now..running the cpu as you can see below at 2.43 and its still stable. I am getting times in Seti less than 2.5 hours regularly now. I am running PC2700 right now and plan on changing that to 3500 when i get the spare money do throw away.

My older 1.3's run about 45 right now and Dont like to see them get warmer than that...I like cool! and that poor old chip wont go over 1.52...sniff sniff...sad little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeZmonZter
    Already have the 2700+ and its running faster than a 3 gig chip right now...simply smoking..but my mobo is stuck at the max voltage so i dont know how much mopre i can get outa it. I am running it @ 2.411 right now and I hope to get a lot more outa it..(I havent had a single glitch its 100% stable right now) .I dont want to unlock it cause that would void the warrantee! but ya never know what can happen, I might just say screw the warantee and go for it:devil win :flames:
    Amen brother! thats right! stand fast forget their evil ways of intimidation! unlock that cpu and Up! yoooooouuuurrrrrssssss!:flames: :flames:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Hopefully durin' the next week sometime I'll get to see what that XP2600+ of mine will do in that 8RDA+ over there with Corsair XMS3500 in the drawer there plus that 8x AGP 128MB GF4 Ti4200 VIVO. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Does that MOBO have a V-core voltage setting over 1.75? I am kinda locked at that voltage right now. I havent stepped it up in a couple of days but as soon as I am done reading the news I will reboot it and check it out at a higher speed.

How does up to 2.2v in 0.025v steppin's sound? :?:

Or 2.9v memory and 1.8v AGP? :D

Gotta love EPoX's little extra's. :devil win

Yes, too bad you are being held back by your motherboard. The 8rda might get that cpu to 3 real ghz, not just 3000+ rating. My 2100+ is running at 12 x 194, better than a 3000+, supposedly.

Yes I have hit the top I think. This thing doesnt like being over 187 starts to lock up. I tried to get it up to 190 and it just wont do it. The processor runs fine till I need to send in a Seti Unit then it locks and I lose the WUand get no credit for it..when Win reboots it cans the WU as a bad section or whatever and its just goneGrrrrrrr ...I have been wondering why i was not getting the # I should have been

Anyone know of a Voltage mod for this mobo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information