Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K7s5a overclock

I have a ECS k7s5a motherboard and in the bios there is no overclocking support. anyone know a good way to overclock this board or is it crap for overclocking?

Your second choice is more accurate. It was never meant to be a performance motherboard. Since it uses the SiS chipset that allows for either SDRAM or DDR, it was meant as a conversion board.

I believe Wiggo had one of these boards not long ago, so he may be able to let you know if you can overclock it or not for sure, but I don't think you'll have much (if any) luck in this.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

These forums have an extensive amount of info on that mobo plus an overclocker's BIOS for it as well but be warned that this mobo doesn't always like to play nice (I'm glad that I don't have to put up with that one no more).

Hacked BIOS or factory for the enthusiast? It's good that at least somebody cares about the overclocker. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

The last time I looked they had the Factory BIOS as well as their own version but with basically only certain FSB/AGP/PCI values added and nothin' else will still make it a hard task to overclock unless ya pull out the old solderin' iron for some voltage mods. I'd just prefer gettin' rid of it if ya want to overclock though as the effort ain't worth it in my books even with DDR memory. :cheers:

Sounds like another item for ebay to sell.:shh: you never heard that from me.:devil win :shh:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

how much u think i could get 4 this piece of crap? I want a P4 board!:snip:

swinger

Not a lot. But did you ever consider that it might be more valuable to you as a backup machine? My main rig is on the bench right now. I've been re-building/hacking/experimenting on it for a while now. I'm using my backup rig now which is similar to yours. I can still download drivers, utilities, etc, and burn to cd, shop for parts, read reviews, etc. while it is down. I don't feel pressured to take shortcuts with the other one just to get done in a hurry. This rig is :

Iwill KV200-r
    Athlon 900
    256mb Crucial PC133 (2 sticks 128)
    Maxtor 40gb hd 7200rpm
    TDK 40X cd/rw
    48X cd
    3 1/2 fd
    Matrox G400 /16mb
    nic
    built in sound (can only use my front speakers)

It does everything I want but games.

i suprised myself! i used an overclocking bios and managed to juice out another 90mhz extra with full stability. didnt have to do any voltage stuff just a little mess with the fsb

If ya fairly lucky ya may get around 1040-1080MHz from that Athy without voltage increases but gettin' some DDR memory in there to replace that SDRAM will give ya a large boost in performance. :devil win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information