Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More troubles with my xp2100

If you are getting the IRQ_... error, the chances are pretty high that it's your motherboard that has gone. I've had similar problems on multiple systems on both Intel and AMD platforms. I just went out and picked up a new board and have been running the same CPU eversince. You may also check your CPU temps, case airflow, etc. It really doesn't matter if you have a cheap case as long as you get some sir in there. What I use to do was bore a hole or two in the side panel and install an intake fan directly on top of the HSF, 40cfm fan with filter(to keep the dust out as much as possible, and an exhaust fan to draw the hot air out. HOwever, don't put them right on top of the other as this will most likely keep the cool air from reaching your HSF and the rest of your system.
    It's NEVER fast Enough!!!

Cel-T 1.3@1.575
    ABIT ST6
    512MB PC-133 SDRAM
    GF3 Ti200 64MB
    SB PCI 128
    Adaptec 2100s u160
    15K Hitachi 18.6GB HDD

AthlonXP 2000+@1760MHz
    MSI KT3 Ultra2-CE
    256MB PC-2700 CAS-2.5
    RADEON 9000 PRO
    MAXTOR 20GB ATA-133
    SB Live! 5.1
    3COM 3905C-TXNM

I tried another mobo and it didnt fix it. Im beginning to think maybe its something with windows, maybe a driver. I dont have any problems untill windows loads.

Okay, but what board did you use to replace it with. Is there any other hardware in your system that's not listed? Maybe you should trouble shoot other hardware too. I usually get everything down to the bare minimum and then reinstall until I have problems then you know what the problem/s are.

i replaced it with an identical mobo, ended up with two because they screwed up.

what are your voltage readings? that thing ought to run stock fsb even with all that stuff that wiggo doesn't like. If this an ECS clone then it needs full voltage on 3.3, 5, and 12 v rails. The IRQ error is something I get when I am overclocking and vcore is a little low.

If it has the same voltage prob as the ECS mobo then ya'll want a PSU that can supply at least (if not more than) 200w across the 3.3 and 5 volt rails combined. Budget mobo's that won't run on budget or low end PSU's. :laugh:

MY PSU actually ran all the voltages at or .1-.2volts alittle high, except the cpu. It has 178w on the 3.3-5.5v rail and 168w on the 12v rail. Its a total 370w psu. I just dont understand why it happened all of the sudden, when it had been runnning perfect.
    Also most reviews ive read say this board has no voltage problems, and is not bad for its price.

Sorry amd man, I am out of ideas. Best hope is that it goes away just like it appeared?

thats what im hopin now.........meanwhile, im gonna try to change it back!

Okay i tried it as the 2100...no good, BUT it said something about win32k.sys......what is this file? It also said try reinstalling drivers, changing vid. adpaters etc, allthough i dont see why this doesnt happn when i set it as a 1300, its still the same drivers isnt it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information