Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More troubles with my xp2100

ive been messing with this some more, and i think i have a driver conflict, but the only part of this that doesnt make sense to me is why it only happens when its set as a 2100+. Also, this might bring up more possibilites, it happened after I took out a PCI vga card that I was gonna try a dual monitor setup on, and as far as i know, Windows didnt recognize it.
    Im thinking about low-level formatting and partioning reinstalling XP and all my drivers, since i have all my stuff backed up.

will it boot into safe mode @2100?

(Rack agrees with Wiggo)

Get that new mobo. Forget a HS. And the ram! It is so probable that they are your problem... You way over upgraded with that 2100.:thumbs do
    1700+ @ 2084MHz (166x12.5) -|- SLK-800 w/120mm Fan -|- MSI Ti4200 291/581 -|- 512 ddr PC2700 Crucial @ 372MHz -|- 30gb BB & 80gb JB WD -|- Asus A7V(D'oh)8X -|- CT Dragon Alu w/ 6 80mm Case fans -|- 3DMark2001 score = 12777 -|-

Yes, itll boot into safe mode. The reason I have this board is because i needed a pc. It was only $110 on ebay w/ the cpu.

Why would you even consider having to do a low level format of the hard drive?

Okay going back to your first post. You stated that you had problems booting up at 133, but if you set it to 100 everything was fine. I don't think from my experiance that this would be caused by drivers as stated by many folks in this thread you should consider replacing the board. As far as trying out a new board that was a good idea, but you used the same one. Not sure what you were expecting there. I had some experiance with a socket 7 pcchips board it was a mp570 or something like that it was suppose to run at 100 fbs, but good luck and after checking that was very common. If you really like the features of this board then get a shuttle AK32A. That board is a kt 266a chipset and supports both SD and DDR you can get one for 53 buck USD (newegg). If you look at newegg check out the ecs boards and look at the comments. Good luck and hopefully happy shopping.

Maybe the board is busted, I dunno. But if it will boot into safe mode at 133 and not into regular at 133 that means driver conflict, I think.

Unlikely as the system itself is probably generatin' the errors that is bringin' the os down.

Have you tried flashing your bios with the latest version? I've had a few ECS and AOPEN boards that would not work properly with a 1600+ without the updated BIOS. Although the error messages don't seem to be memory related, have you tried a different memory stick? Also make sure that you are using memory timings that are within your memorys specs. Quite possibly the IRQ_ error may be caused by a driver not specifically designed for what you have installed, say for instance a DX9 vid card driver with DX8.1 running. Another thing to check for, are you using the PCI slot right under the AGP slot? That PCI slot sometimes shares an irq with the AGP, thus causing some problems with certain cards. Lastly I would check to make sure video card features enabled in the bios are supported by the video card itself: FASTWRITES, 4X, etc. And if all else fails..you should try reinstalling your OS on another HDD, it can be that your HDD drive motor is spinning at inconsistant spin rates.<--usually not the case but for old dying HDDs it does happen even on some newer ones too. Oh BTW, you've paid $110USD for the PCChips Mobo? There are plenty of Mobos out there for less. If you end up getting a new Mobo you can pick up some KT333 based mobos for less than $80 (ie MSI KT3 Ultra) and some 256MB PC2700 DDR mem for about $39 now (mem prices have come down a bit) and that is just a bit above what you paid for for your board.
    It's NEVER fast Enough!!!

Cel-T 1.3@1.575
    ABIT ST6
    512MB PC-133 SDRAM
    GF3 Ti200 64MB
    SB PCI 128
    Adaptec 2100s u160
    15K Hitachi 18.6GB HDD

AthlonXP 2000+@1760MHz
    MSI KT3 Ultra2-CE
    256MB PC-2700 CAS-2.5
    RADEON 9000 PRO
    MAXTOR 20GB ATA-133
    SB Live! 5.1
    3COM 3905C-TXNM

first off, i do have the most recent bios, and i cant change memory timings anyway, and when i change the cou freq. to 100, i leave the RAM at 133, so idont think its my problem. I paid $110 for the board w/ the cpu, not just the board

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information