Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: O/C 2700 via Multiplier Only?

I just discovered that my Abit KD7-E has apparently unlocked my XP2700 in BIOS. Now the big question is how far can you push a 2700 via multiplier only? I've already pushed it to 14x from 13x w/a small vcore boost for stability and seen a significant (but not dangerous) increase in cpu temp (+3.5C). Anyone already tried this? How far will it go at what temps & vcore? TIA!...
    Tomac

Everyone will have different results since there are just too many factors to consider when it comes down to the overclocking. But if you'd like to see how well others have pushed their rigs, head on over to Overclockers.com CPU Database to see others who have goine the extra mile. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I have mine OCed as you see in the Sig but everytime I try and Bump up the mult. my comp locks and i need to erase the Cmos...I am goign to stick with the FSB....

I am going to upgrade my MB ( PC Chips 810) to a Asus (A7N8X Deluxe) and going to switch from 1Gig of PC 133 ram to ???

Is there really a gain after 512 (will purchase DDR PC3200 ram)? I have looked at alot of posts here and everyone seems to be sitting at 512 (when using DDR)

Currently the system is :

AMD 2000+ (o/c to FSB 140)
    1Gig of PC133 ram
    PC Chips 810L
    40 gig HD
    128 Xabre 8X AGP Video
    40X CDRW
    XP Pro SP1

What kind of performace should I see after this upgrade and what are the expectations for o/c the chip more ( given adaquate cooling, currently 40 cpu and 32 case under load)

Thanks in advance
    Chas

:cheers:

I am not sure what HSF you are running but if you want to OC it get yourself a high quality copper HSF and and a fan that moves some air. Right now I am running the Thermaltake 7+ and it seems to do ok. I have also run an OCZ Goliath HSF and was happy about that one. They both seem to cool about the same but the 7+ runs a 70mm fan where the OCZ runs a 60mm fan at faster speeds. Case cooling is also paramount, I run system temps around 24-28 with CPU temps around 29 (at the absolute lowest) to around 38. I have 2 intake TT SF2 and two of the same as exhaust. My PSU also has two 80mm fans in it.

I am running 512 meg of ram right now because I could not afford another sticik! I personally would be running as much as my MOBO would handle but I run a lot of games on the comp that like the ram. I jumped from 512 meg of PC 2100 to the 2700 and I did notice a huge performance increase. If I were you I would get as much and as fast as you can afford..but thats just my :2cents:

512MB is the sweet spot for XP in the memory dept. ;)

Thread Information