Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stubborn 2100+ PC

Over the last few days I've been trying to put the "squeeze" on my pc for that lil extra OC edge... Unfortunately the fastest FSB speed I can hit is 136mhz! Most of the relative PC info is in my sig, as well I think the CPU temp is being takin' off of the mobo and is a little wacky? BTW I have tried adjusting ram timings, and even slowing to DDR 266 speeds for more headroom with little success.

~Please help me out!:thumb:
    Windows XP Professional
    Athlon XP 2600+ / Vantec Aeroflow
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    2x 256mb OCZ PC-3200 platinum
    Sapphire 9800
    Some alien Antec Case/350W PSU 4 80mm fans
    Idle 40c/Load 43c

well, from ur computer specs ur haveing a very high temp on CPU this may cause ur problem about the FSB.. try to upgrade to a tt vlcanlo 7+. and if u dont have artic silver compond, then get some to put on ur CPU. Have u try using the mutiplyer yet?? wat is ur mutiplyer settin NOw?? try to lower the Mutiplyer to around 5 - 7. and see what happends
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

Although I will agree the temperature seems high, I have heard the way my mobo senses the temp is grossly inaccurate (can anyone confirm this?). As for heat sink compound I use a really nice Dow Corning goop that has performed flawlessly in the past, so no problems there. Latly my multiplier would be clocked at whatever a factory spec 2100+ with a 333mhz ram would run at.... I was simply wanting to do some rudementory FSB Oc'ing with out unlocking the Palamino :rolleyes2 As well, tonight I will remove the HSF, re-apply thermal paste, and try putting the side on my case (the Volcano 7 speeds up as system temp. rises, maybe mine is too cool :?: ).
    Windows XP Professional
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    Sapphire 9800
    Idle 40c/Load 43c

This should give ya what ya require, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=376 :devil win

Well after a little pissing around, my pc will boot with FSB speeds upwards of 140, but when XP starts the PC just hard boots itself all over again I even backed the CAS latency to 3 for experimentation, all to no avail. I dunno, guess the ram just has nothing left in it :?:
    Windows XP Professional
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    Sapphire 9800
    Idle 40c/Load 43c

That's also possible but bring the memory speed back to the FSB's and see how far ya can go then as this will give the memory more headroom. :devil win

LOL, bah I tried, it went to a black screen, I retreated :smokin: A measly 33mhz OC, and 6mhz on the FSB, oh well better luck next time I guess:no:
    Windows XP Professional
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    Sapphire 9800
    Idle 40c/Load 43c

Well something must be a prob here as I havn't met an Athlon yet that won't pull a 140MHz FSB, issues generally start around the 145-150MHz FSB range. :confused:

Have ya increased both the CPU and memory voltages by 0.1 volt? (for this ya may have to Ctrl+F1 to bring up an extra BIOS menu) :?:

BTW I've found the temps on Gigabyte mobo's about 6C higher than actual but doin' the full speed fan conversion on those Volcano 7's always helped them well (just cut off the thermal diode on the side and join the wires together). :devil win

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    (just cut off the thermal diode on the side and join the wires together). :devil win
    Hey,Wiggo.....will that trick work with my Enermax 365 PSU as well:?: cuz it surely piss's me off that the fan neva runs due too
    low temps.:flames: :confused:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

If they're a similar setup then yes it should.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information