Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Old AMD..help plz

i have an old AMD Athlon: 600MHz, FSB 100MHz, Multiplier 6.0, Sys Bus 200MHz on MB BIOSTAR M7MKA. (Award BIOS)

i haver already read the TBird Unlocking and XP unlocking, but my Athlon (bought on 23/12/99) is a TBird? i don't want to disassemble my PC for working on CPU unless i know if it is a Tbird or not like TBird Unlocking.

plz help me and then explaine me how i modify Athlon's FSB, Clock and Multiplier because my BIOS hasn't all thats options (change clock, memory frequency, FSB ecc...) i've seen in this site's guide. :(

thx

emandt

Well ya won't have to open it up but sorry there's not a thing ya can do with this. For starters Biostar make motherboards for OEM's and this means that ya'll get no overclockin' options plus to make matters worse is that this is an original slotA CPU which required a module or soldering to change multipliers (also requires the CPU case to be broken open, not always a successful operation).

Thread Information