Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Amd 2600xp

What have I to do to overclock my AMD 2600XP
    12,5 x at 166mhz??

PLS can I have simple instructions or a link to..what to do" for XP 2600??

THK
    Mayo:)

Increasing your FSB (Front Side Bus) in your BIOS will usually increase performance. Why don't you let us know what motherboard you are running it in.
    - Damien

Sure!
    My MB is:
    ASUS A7V8X lanSATA

I wanted to know if I can connect in any way L2 or L3 contact on AMD processor...too...

THK for reply;)

I believe that KT400's unlock the processors for you...just like nForce2 boards. Have you even looked at your ADVANCED CHIPSET features...in BIOS?
    - Damien

Yes, there I can change the values... but are they effective change?? I think I read that if I only change speed in BIOS, for example if I put 13,5 instead of 12,5 che CPU Is in any case BLOCKKED! Is it thruh??

Sorry for my bad english...

if you want to know your FSB and multiplier, you can use WCPUID. It shows the effective values.
    Hope this helps

I will try...
    then.. when I switch on my PC (with higher values than 2600) I have to see 2600XP or an Higher value as for Intel P4??
    I mean when I overclock my P4 2400, during starting sequence I see, for example 2466 or higher values...

well, when i boot it does say that my xp1700 is running at 1713Mhz
    But it doesnt say its a xp1700 anymore, I think it says unknown chip or something like that.
    I do not care, as long as the FSB is as high as it will go.

Ok, but I read somewhere too.. that AMD till 1800 are easier to overclock!!??
    I do not know if it is right or not... because I believed that XP have all the same structure....

I am not 100% sure but I think that lower XPs are either Tbred or Palomino. The new 333FSB is Barton. They start in 2500+ i think.
    Also Tbred has A and B versions. B is the easiest to overclock.
    So not all the XPs have the same sturcture.
    I have A and B Tbreds in both 1700 and 2100 versions. and they OC pretty well. I dont pust them above 43C with load, so I dont get as much as some people. But its fast enough for me.
    Right now Im saving up for a Intel cuz my place of work is going to have crazy deals for employees. I mean like 200bucks for 3.06 + mobo + XP Pro :wow:
    But they havent officially said what its going to be, but its something like that. Unless they come with the new 800FSB stuff
    Its all rumors as of yet.:cheers:

Thread Information