Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P4 2.4 OCed to 2.99

so the vantec aeroflow was a bad choice of heatsink? but i didn't wipe off da old compound stuff before i put the arctic silver 3 on, so should i take it off and clean that up?

Yes the old stuff must be removed.

you didnt remove the old thermal grease? i would use AS3 (artic silver 3)
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Any CPU temp which is under 60C is good!!! The athlonīs die temp is 85C!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

just my :2cents:

metho to wipe off da old stuff?

yeah i'm using AS3

old compound was some weird pink stuff

ai wicked :D it worked, i'm running under 40 degress constant and when i'm playing games it only goes to about 40-41 :D

but when i wiped it off with metho, it sorta smudged everywhere all over the chip, and some of the AS3 on my vantec aeroflow didn't come off :eek:

I use any non-acetone nail polish remover to do the job though some may need the help of an old toothbrush.

Ya always have to remove the pink stuff!!!:barf: Anyway, I have this puppy up to 3.17 now with my Ram @ 440 mhz!!!:thumb: Hey Wiggo??? I thought you said OCZ mem is junk?:confused: I remember a reply to one of my posts that you said you wondered if my OCZ mem could run at the speed it's rated @ which is 433??? Well... It's running stable now @ 440!!! I'm not trying to shove it in your face, but I also asked why you and others thought OCZ should be stayed away from and no one ever responded to me???:confused: I was worried that I had bought crap, but it seems it's performing above standards, some I'm extremely happy.

-Hawks:cheers:
    <center>| Processor: P4 2.4B OCed @ 3.2Ghz | MoBo: Albatron PX845PE Pro II |
    | OS: Windows XP Pro | RAM: OCZ 512MB PC3500 OCed @ 445 mhz |
    | Graphics: Radeon ATI 9700 Pro @ 395/345 | Temp: 32C normal, 35C full |
    | 3DMark2001: 18094 | 3DMARK03: 5763 | PCMARK02: Score |
    | Sound: SB Live 5.1 | Cooling: Thermaltake Volcano 7+ HSF |
    | PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480W | Mouse: Logitech MX300 |</center>

Ya've been lucky as a lot of ppl have found that it won't and they've had a lot of probs RMA'ing it when it doesn't run to specs (though some does but with the complaints that OCZ have had against it over the years I wouldn't touch anything from them if ya paid me).

i'd go with corsair XMS, then OCZ, then idk some generic brand :P heheh does this relate? i hope it does, i just ate like 500 grams of sugar :P if thats a lot
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Hey Wiggo,

Thanks Bro, that's pretty much what I was after was just your peronal experience and others that you know of. I probably am one of the luck few and to be honest with you, I wouldn't have bought it if I would have gotten your opinion/input before the purchase because I know you know what you're talking about. So I won't be buying anymore OCZ products in the future. And Tool, you're right, I know now that Consair is probably the best choice to go with, but hindsight is all 20/20.... It's all good and I appreciate everyone's advice.

-Hawks
    <center>| Processor: P4 2.4B OCed @ 3.2Ghz | MoBo: Albatron PX845PE Pro II |
    | OS: Windows XP Pro | RAM: OCZ 512MB PC3500 OCed @ 445 mhz |
    | Graphics: Radeon ATI 9700 Pro @ 395/345 | Temp: 32C normal, 35C full |
    | 3DMark2001: 18094 | 3DMARK03: 5763 | PCMARK02: Score |
    | Sound: SB Live 5.1 | Cooling: Thermaltake Volcano 7+ HSF |
    | PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480W | Mouse: Logitech MX300 |</center>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information