Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help With Athlon XP 2600/Soyo Board

Ok my new PC has these parts in them

CPU- Athlon XP 2600
    MB- SY-KT400 DRAGON Ultra
    Memmory- OCZ OCZ400512R2 512MB DDR400 PC3200
    Vid Card- Chaintech AGT60 GeForce4 Ti4600 AGP 4X 128MB

Here is an old link to my new PC .... Ive added more fluff but the components are the same.

Im a n00b at overclocking .... an im not very sure what to do ... so any advise/specs would be helpfull.

Well I've said it plenty of times before but this link for starters, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=376

Then for the full system tune, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=411

Thanks for the fast response Wiggo.

Ive actualy read them already .....

I guess what I was looking for is someone who has the same/close to the same hardware setup .... and what they have done to overclock it ie: 190fsb / 16X multiplyier..... did they change the vaultage ... did they use the software that comes with the MB to do it ... ect ect.

Maybe find out were a safe stopping point is .... or whats the most efective way to go about it .....

Like I said this will be my first try at overclocking .... an im gona take it slow an try to gather all the info that I can.

The software is only good to get a base value from as this will not use all the BIOS functions available but it will give ya a starting point to work with. Most KT400 based mobo's can change the multiplier and some will run a 200MHz FSB and if ya can drop the the multiplier so as to use a 200MHz FSB (the AGP/PCI divider should be there for that frequency but havin' never used this brand or chipset, the nForce2 is much better chipset IMO, I can't say for sure) then better performance can be had (I'm not keen on ya choice of memory though).

Thread Information