Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: read the overclocking guide, just one Q

read the guide, and understood clearly the reason why we have to up the voltage when increasing the fsb and thus this causing extra heat.
    i want to know if multiplier changes are actually effective, if my xp1700+ 11*133 will become an xp1900+ when i use 12*133 settings... and how this multiplier change will increase the heating of the cpu...
    thanx in adv for replies

:rofl:
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

it should b/c the faster a computer runs the more heat it generates (my friend has a 3.06 HT but runs it at 2.99 b/c of his funny little case mod and freaks about the heat)
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Here ya go... try this CPU Wattage Calculator on for size. It should help you see the wattage being put out by your processor at given settings. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

that link doesn'ts uppport my processor!
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Thread Information