Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OCing very strange!

My system is:

AMD 1900+, Mobo A7N8X 1003 bios, 512mg Corsair XMS2700, ATI 9700 pro.

I have the setting at aggressive. Memory is at 133mhz @ 6 2 2 2 amd the processor is at 133mhz. My 3d2001 se is 12245 right now. Asus prob shows my cpu temp at 44 and my mobo at 34. My bios shows it much higher. CPU at 64. Not sure which to believe. So this is what I have done. I go into the bios and set the cpu to 145 mhz and I cant boot. Then I reset and set to 140mhz and I can boot. Go to run 3d2001 se and lock up on first test. From what I have read on many sights I should be able to at the very least set the cpu to 145mhz and run it that way.

Any advice??

Is there a good freeware program for me to get a real reading on my cpu temp or is the Asus Prob right??

Any help would be great. I really want to push this system. And will keep everyone udated on how it goes.

Thanks,

Grey

I think the asus probe is right, i mean there is a very small chance that it may be wrong but i mean its made by the same company as the motherboard so i dont see why it would read the wrong temps. Also any freeware programs should read the same temps as the asus probe

So any ideas on what would be the problem with me moving from 133mhz to 145mhz. I even took the aggressive settings and change them to normal. Then I change the vcore from 1.75 to 1.85 and the vdimm from 2.6v to 2.7v. Ram was set to 6 2 2 2 at 145 mhz. I go to boot up and windows wouldnt start. This is very strange. Anyone have this problem before?

Grey

Back ya timings off a little and that should get ya into Windows. Also are ya runnin' the memory at the same speed as the CPU's FSB?

I am running the ram at the same speed as the FSB. They were both 145mhz. If I go to 140mhz i can get into windows but lock on the first 3dmark 2001 se test.

Grey

Thread Information