Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will This Overclock?

I got a question for you geniuses here. Can I overclock the following processor and compnents? I am thinking that I want to take the processor to 3.0ghz. But I want to know if I can do it with this hardware config.

P4 2.4 ghz 533fsb 512 cache

asus p4g8x deluxe mobo

pc2700 DDR Kingston RAM

TT Spark 7

My main concern is the RAM. Will it be sufficient?

Chaos:flames:

well...look at hawk's cpu he got at 3.15 i think but his ram is better, that would be your downfall b/c your FSB would need to be (if 2.4B are at 18 multiplier) 166 and 166 * 2.5 = 415 which is 82 mhz more than your pc2700 :P which means your RAM might not let you o/c that far AND try to make rewire your PC so its airflow is good b/c 600 mhz is a lot (i just push 140 mhz)***please correct me if im wrong hawksor anyone who knows WAY more than i do***
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

It's best if ya plannin' to overclock to get the fastest memory that ya can to avoid it being the part that holds ya back. :devil win

Das ist wass i was afraid of. Damn. Well at least I don't have to worry about airflow. 5 case fans. excellent case design. that should be no prob. Man, I should of got OCZs. But who knows, maybe someone can tell me that it might work.

Chaos:cry:

Get Corsair memory as it's much less likely to give ya headaches than OCZ is likely to (to a lot of ppl's grief).

Yeah but I already bought my memory. It is too late ain't it.

no its not, return it, pay a $15 restock fee and get Corsair XMS (im running my basic mushkin at 350 instead of 333 and i AINT pushin it no mor euntil i get that nice 433/400 then i push like a mofo) XMS w/ platnum spreaders is great RAM :P

Well no turnin' back for me. I have waited long enough. I have encountered a lot of prob. One of which is that the guy I bought the processor form never even told me that he didn't have it! He never even told me that he was out of stock.

Chaos :shoot3:

chaos what state you live in? see i live in CALI and i bought my new 2.66 processor at NEWEGG.com for $240 got it the next day, great shape no dings no nothing speedy service + cheap and they sell a lot of stuff

What state? I don't know. Let me think. Oh yeah, last time I remember, it was I-da-whor. he he. I used to live in WA though. In Seattle. It was awesome there, except for the rain.

:flames: Chaos

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information