Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how far can i go?

damn...4.4 sounds nice and i actualy herd of that peltier thing...anyone know how that works...also on another post i read about PSU's helping?? would a 651 watt PSU help with more voltage? also..how far can i go before the core just *pops* i blew my ti4200 at 500core 1000ram but it ran just fine for 3 months like that.

read my last post on that topic for your answer and hitting 4.4 is almost impossible, there are maybe one in every 25 thousand that can get those scores...do you know anything about overclocking the first place??? just f.y.i. try to get all the info you can (like here) before you go along with anything...peltier is thermoelectric cooling. There are two sides hot and cold, now the hot side of the peltier faces the HSF or the water cooling block while the cold hits the proc...you can hit temps of 10C with this, but then there is condensation and for it to fully work the HSF/WC block must be able to dissapait 3 times as much heat as the heatsink is running at....so think about it...and cooling matters. There is more factors then your thinking about, like your ram, spring out the extra $$$ to get some nice performance ram...if im correct the FSB of 3.06 is 166 so 166 * 2.5 (or 2.66 turbo) = 415 so before you even overclock DDR 333 ram will hold you back, u'll need like DDR 433 or 450...just research a bit more before you buy thousands of dollars and blow it all up
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

yea thats what im tryin to do, i got the case, cuz i like it, i got that mobo because i had lots of good expiriences with asus(aswell is the specs said it had overclock capabilities) but i dont got the chip ro the ram yet, thats wwhy i made this post, so i could learn more about overclocking and best performance posible and, no toolb0x(nice name BTW...)i dotn know **** about overclocking, i watched my friend overclock his 2.4A to 2.8 with his MSI board, thats about it, i was planinng on getting ddr400 ram aswell as a heatsink and fan combo right now im using a dell P3 so quite honestly a plain p4 3.06(chip im gona get) with NO OC at all would be nice, but if u could tell me about this pelter thing i would be apreciative, seing i saw one for sale on a web site (www.xoxide.com) but no clue how it works, basicly im tryin to build one of the best performing pcs i can within reason obiestly, any help is MOST apreciated

i oc'd my ti4200 from 250core/500ram to 300core/600ram
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Its nice to see people using small steps to OC, especially when doing so for the first time :rolleyes2

heh yeah i dont really get the name i was going with t00| in counterstrike but got a *wee* bit drunk and o/cing to over 4 is pretty rare, now i have a gigabyte which is ok, but it has dual bios so if i screw up my bios (virii, flashing, etc) i can right the original to the first even if the first doesn't work then it will work again :P which can be nice...i dont really know about power supplies, but TrueControl or TruePower are good (you want to get your +12v at 12.0 volts to get some good power) now your gonna need a heatsink, everyone here pushes volcano 7+, i just use stalk until i finish my m0db0x A then ill maybe add a swiftech 4000B and a vantec tornado (yes noise DOES NOT bother me too much)

I've heard that u can easily get the 3000+ (2.167 GHz) up to 2.6 GHz on air cooling. With water you should be able to go a hell of a lot father.
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

were talking about intel..but 2.6ghz AMD would be pretty friggin fast...i mean WOAH fast, but do you have like a s/s or temps or something to show a bit more about the system?

Quote Originally Posted by [ TrancE
    ]
    i have seen a AMD 1700+ Thorobred B go as far as 3.7 Ghz with Water Cooling. and there were many results dotted just under it and even one as high as 3.4 (!!!) with just a Volcano 7 ( or 9 not sure ).
    right..

:rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROKOOL
    i blew my ti4200 at 500core 1000ram but it ran just fine for 3 months like that.
    right..

:rofl:

tweaker, you feel some bull**** in those few posts? but its possible to raise it to what he claims, it jsut wont last more than a second :P dont the FX run at 500/500 anyways?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information