Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: how far can i go?

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    right..

:rofl:
    left..

:rofl:
    There are 10 Kinds of People In The World:

Those who know binary, and those who dont.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude
    Right guys i gotta question......the most demanding games really only need about 1.2ghz of speed...so wtf are we doing buying 3ghz processors??what the hell will use all that speed and will make u feel like u have the fastest processor?? and don't say seti at home because it aint really doing anything for u
    Good point, you could keep $250 bucks if ya got a 2.2ghz, and use it to get good cooling and **** and just o/c it to round 3ghz

Well said well said:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

hey guys, sorta been helping the perents move out, anyway i just read over what was said, i must have been drunk typin that last post, i ran my ti4200 at 300/600 for 3 months fine and then was tweakin' with the overclock settings and acedently 'twitched' and it poped at 500/1000...it would be amazing for it to work like that for more then 1 sec ...ok anyways...enuf of my drunken retardedness...anyone know about this peltier i read about? i saw the thing costs like 50$!! wtf it do?:cheers:

TEC = Peltier = Thermoelectric cooling...well it has a cold side and a hot side. A really hardcore pelt can get 10C temps and below, but for it to be effective the heatsink/water block MUST be able to dissapate 3 times the amount of heat the computer is generating. Another problem would be condensation...you can make it so the mobo is condense free, but it takes time and you can really ruin your board.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

hmm sounds a bit too much for me a norm pelt might find a way to ym system if i could get more info, if i just wanted the biggest fastes with the most braging right, then id get vapochill or something, but there cases are just too ugly, and un practical for my aplication, got any links i can look at?

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude
    so wtf are we doing buying 3ghz processors??what the hell will use all that speed
    SSE2 apps.. ;)

1.2 ghz ain't nothing compared to 3 when ya trying to save time encoding.. So yes I would not mind at all having one.. :D

:cheers:

1.2!!!!!!!!What kind of slow computer gaming world are you in, i can't even run UT2k3 on my P4 2.0GHZ with a gforce 3, now think about Doom]|[...
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

omfg 1.2 are you insaine?!?! i got a 1ghz and there is no way this thing meets more then 20-% of what i wan/need it to do for me, i just dotn have enough bus speed to encode mpeg4 on the fly(i do that ALOT) upload/download surft the net, do my mIRC 'stuff', hell it doesnt even play 1/2 the games i want it to even if thats the only thing im doing. so im not looking at this 4ghz monster as a want, more of a need, u ever try to back-up 45gig folder with a 1ghz proc?? it took me over 100 hours of solid RAR'ing to egt the job done,m and for theos 100 hours my pc was next to useless, couldnt even do videochat or even non video voice chat, maybe u dont do photoshop or video editing or even burn a cd but most of us sure do, if a 1.2 will work for you, im very fuc*in happy, mean u dont got to spend a but-load of cash for a nice system i wish i didnt have to upgrade, what am i gona do with this box? it can barly even run win2k3 ent. server!!!

omg toolbox is right, doom 3 thats suposed to just KILL the 9800/fx series cards... what i relly need is a dual xeon board with a couple of 2.5+/- ghz procs, both OC'dwith a scsi 160 or even 320 raidedbut i cant afford that, so i got to settle for a couple of WD raptors in raid with a single p4 id go with amd barton but for my video editing p4 is better/faster.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information