Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how far can i go?

well i been on the pc sceen for the past 10 years...but can u believe i never oc'd a system in my life?...first oc's i did was 1 month ago when i oc'd my ti4200 from 250core/500ram to 300core/600ram needless to say the card blew a chip on it and soured my oc' ideas...anyway down to my QUESTION for th community...my next system i am pieceing togeather i got a koolance case (http://www.koolance.com/products/pro...l?code=CCS-A07) watercooled..and i got a asus mobo (http://www17.tomshardware.com/mainbo...sis655-07.html) and i got a pair of WD's new raptor hdd's (http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/WD360GD.asp)
    and my question is...with the watercooling on the cpu ONLY i was about to buy a new 3.06 chip for like 450$ (http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/Produc...ductCode=80660) ...how far can i push the chip/mobo? should i also watercool the chipset...would i want to overclock the fsb too? (already running dual 333mhz)and what level of stability should i expect or see...can i hit 4Ghz...4.5ghz...5ghz??i am planning on doing alot of media editing, (encoding and re-encoding, video editing etc...aswell as a insaine game box) anythign else i should get or do??

Expect a maximum of 4ghz and minimum of 3.6 or 3.7 ghz. Thats just a rough guess from past experiences with this processor:cheers:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

relly...only 4 ghz?? i relly like the ht...i built an ht system for a frined and he can burn and still have full functionality of his pc...what if i used a non-HT core like a 2.4, 2.53, 2.66, or a 2.8???think i could push it past 4ghz?

Sorry mate but 4ghz is the highest i've ever seen anyone push a P4 system. you might get more if u use the best god damn cooling available but 4ghz is the best (i think) you'll get with it running stable:( P.S. thats a 1ghz boost thats the best overclocking chip i've ever used!!! so 4ghz is good god damn it

Well if it helps, i have seen a AMD 1700+ Thorobred B go as far as 3.7 Ghz with Water Cooling. and there were many results dotted just under it and even one as high as 3.4 (!!!) with just a Volcano 7 ( or 9 not sure ).

And at cost of just $150 (NewZealand bucks wich is about 60 USD).

I hope i helped out ( and you know how AMD systems are waaaaaaay cheaper then Intels, you just gotta make sure your case IS a fan and everything is sweet )

EDIT: Altho i must say im a very pink noobie in Overkloking too, never was even thinking about it before i realised that i could come up with a very cheap comp and o/c it, BTW it will be based around this AMD 1700+ Thrbd B :)
    There are 10 Kinds of People In The World:

Those who know binary, and those who dont.

well, never Mind
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Trance,

Is that sort of overclocking ability only inherent to the AMD 1700+ T-bred, or is it a mark of the entire T-bred family?

if you wont listen to reason then the best advice would be to go as far as you can. every setup is different so the gain that i get wont be the same as yours, even if we had the very same equipment bought an the same day at the same place and assembled the same way. push it till it smokes if you want but i dont think you will see 4+ ghz but it would be cool if someone did it.
    Hope this helps
    Night

I've seen 4 ghz stable with water cooling:cool:

the highest O/C there is today is 4.4 ghz with a vCore of about 2.15 (really ****ing lucky proc there) and using vapor phase cooling...the second highest is 4.32 which uses peltier and some weird water cooling method (beats me), i bet he made up the name LoL
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information