Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MORE POWER! supplies..?

anyone finding a different level of overclockability by simply changing your power supply???I have 3 "good" name brand 400w430w p/s's that yeild me different headroom on any of my p4 systems..I am waiting for a 550w unit to see if there are more Mhz in my P42.4@2.82...my top ram speeds as well as FSB speeds differ greatly...well 15% or so...
    am I wasting more$$$ on a bigger supply?????

P4 MSI-655max
    (2)corsair ddr3200 256cl2xms
    160gigMAXTOR
    :bounce2:

Yes it's commonly known here that the better ya PSU the better ya overclock particuarly the wattage that's carried along the 3.3v and 5v rails.

heh yeah, my 350W enermax has vcore at 1.489 instaed of the 1.525 it should be at
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=454

This one has adjustable voltage levels to the individual rails. So not only do you get the Antec quality, you can step up the voltage to the rail of your choice as well to aid in overclocking. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

is it good??? i mean besides the review does it work in the long run?

wow ur kidding PSU=move overclockability...was gone get a 651watt but thought it was pointless would that help my 3.06 hit 4.5 ghz?

no its about the quality not the quantity, it has to do with the rails and stuff, like a 400W can provide a better o/c than that 651W, and no offense, ur not gong to hit 4.5 ghz that would be almost impossible, i've heard of o/cing 1ghz more than stock speeds but 1.5 ghz thats just plain impossible think about the heat and then of course your vcore will be over 1.75 (which to most people is known as INSTANT DEATH OF PROC, a.k.a IDP [yes i just make up my own little slang :P])
    sorry for grammer, just dont give a **** about making sure all sentences are complete, you just get my point,

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=454

This one has adjustable voltage levels to the individual rails. So not only do you get the Antec quality, you can step up the voltage to the rail of your choice as well to aid in overclocking. :)
    I love that PSU!!!
    Its the best one I've seen. I love to play with it! Too bad its at work and not at home :tears:

are the voltages good, like +5 will be 4.99 and +12 will be like 11.98 or even 12?

See the inset screws there? This is why they call it CONTROL. Those screws allow you to adjust the actual voltage levels of the different power rails within the system. Want a little extra power going to the PCI peripherals? Just crank up the corresponding voltage level and you've got it. Want some added cooling from all those case fans you've got running full blast? Just bump up that 12v power setting. Wherever you need that little boost of juice, this PSU lets you do it. This is a blessing for those power users who are looking for a way to get a little more power to those components when going for that record overclock!
    got that directly from
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=454&dPage=3

:thumb:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information