Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Wierd Question

Hi

I am in the process of overclocking my Athlon system and have noticed something a bit wierd - well I think its wierd. In the bios of my mother board there is a setting called CPU ratio which I guess is the multiplier settings. (see my sig for the mb make) I changed this to x13 with the fsb of 109 and I actually got a processor speed of 575mhz? I thought it was supposed to go up?

hehe.. i have the same mobo as u.. and yes.. i also tried 13 as the multiplier but it actually sets as a ultra low multiplier (according to ur results 575mhz/109fsb = ~5.25x).

I dunno if its a bug or not as it dont bother me.. i just stick to 12.5x anyhow and up the fsb more.

will it run at 13.5 or does it do the same...did you also connect your bridges?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

i guess if you have xp2100+ the multi is 13, xp22 is 13.5,,,and so on with the default fsb of 133.

Well I have left it at 12.5 and put the fsb at 133 which gives the correct speed. I just thought it was a bit wierd oh well. I also tried the other multiplier settings and got wierd results. Oh well I guess there will be a bios update which will probably fix it.

Thread Information