Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pentium 4C at 2.4GHZ...

Info source:http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDcx

The new P4C @ 2.4GHZ hits 3.3GHZ with stock cooler and no upped Vcore. At [H]ard|OCP they hit an impressive 3.5GHZ with this chip (with an EXOS water cooling) and had it stable 99% of the time. That is a 1.1GHZ overclock, now for the discussion part...does this mean Intel can now overclock better than AMD? If so, is it a bad sign, the new Intels run faster AND can overclock better , for AMD?
    DISCUSS

--t00|b0x
    -"Keep on gamin'"

P.S. I thought this would best go here, but please relocate if you feel necessary
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Yep now that AMD are re-packaging it looks like intel are ahead in every way now. even overclocking:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

wow...one post LoL. Yeah I personally think AMD is f@#%&d, just generally i hope they get their stuff together

I think that the pair of ya's need phsyciatric help and fast. :rolleyes2

Why is that wiggo:confused:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Wiggo, a 800MHZ o/c with standard cooler, stable, and still cold. I bet you can get like 1.5+GHZ outta that with chip-con or even some hardcore cooling (water-cooling)

I must admit to this, I have been an avid AMD fan, in fact i was hired at TweakTown for my knolage of the AMD Athlon in the begining. I was for a better word "forced" into reviewing Intel. Since that time my opinion has changed of Intel, they may still be more of the money grub than we would like to admit but as of late the attention Intel has taken to details has imnpressed us

Intel's overclocking on the Pentium 4 has become that of a standard now, even though Intel doen't like to admit it, their cores have produced great yeilds and have given great overclocking results.

AMD's design to remove the bridge system has totally crippled any advantage they may have had on Intel with overclocking, Price is now the only factor to consider now, and Intel is soon to fix this option.

This isn't anything officall but I have the belief that Intel will soon remove the entire 533FSB Intel Pentium 4 CPU. This will then leave the 533FSB open for the Celeron 478 to move to. Hopefully with a cache upgrade (possibly to 192K or 256K) we might see the Celeron take off once again in the budget sector.

This is just my ramblings
    Cameron Johnson
    Senior Hardware Reviewer
    TweakTown

Why remove the 533 FSB as a budget chip, I mean a 2.0ghz celeron isn't as fast as a 2.0ghz p4

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    t00lb0x[/size]]
    Why remove the 533 FSB as a budget chip, I mean a 2.0ghz celeron isn't as fast as a 2.0ghz p4
    A 2GHz Celeron isn't as fast as a 1200 Duron (the 1.7GHz Celery @ 1.9GHz here is still 40% slower at doin' a SETI w/u).

So then why make the celeron a budget chip if it will be more expensive than an AMD and slower?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information