Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram it to me!

t00lb0x yeah but isn't the 2100 going into dual channel?
    Yes the system in question is one of the Shuttle XPC small form factor boxes...it was to cute to pass up ( not a good reason to buy a comp but oh well it does have an Nforce board in it!) I had one 256 meg stick of pc2700 and two sticks of pc 2100....I didnt know if it would still be faster with the lower speed ram considering the dual channel of the mobo. I guess it would be faster...but I am still wondering if I can run missmatched sticks or ram..ie one 256 pc2700 with one 512 pc2700 would this mess with the mobo? Also one is Samsung the other is Crucial if that makes a difference? Just for grins and giggles I tossed in the XMS 3500 2x256 to see what it would do in this little guy...bumped the ram up to 400 will try it a little higher if I can after I see how stable it is here.

are the 2100 made for dual channel?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

i appologize, you are rigth. I forgot that nf2 boards have dual chanel ram.
    dual channel 2100 will be better than one2700.

kane, we dont know if the ram is made for dual channel though so...

Does it really matter to get "dual channel" ram? If i understan the ram tech its only matched pairs, so the ram modules are as matched as possible...i dont think it matters what kind of ram you have but the matched sets are a bit faster..or just a better selling point...?:shrug: :shrug:

I thought you would need dual channel DDR for a dual channel mobo, it specifically made to run together flawlessly, you can try just 2X256 PC2100 ram, but tell us[me] what happens

Nope just 2 matching sticks will do and that way there'll be no timing issues.

ran it fine for half a day with the 2100 sticks in there....i have the XMS 3500 in there now with as aggressive a timing as the bios allows and it seems to run fine with that as well....but my main system is a bit slower without the fast ram i have noticed....I want to get the XMS back in it....so can anyone tell me if the Nforce will run with to miss matched ram sticks....both pc2700 but one 256 and one 512??????

Try it and you'll soon find out whether it'll work or not. ;)

;) I will have to try it out...i was just wondering if anyone had tried before me that wanted to toss:2cents: worth in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information