Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which to buy, Asus or Intel???

if you`re gonna overclock later, be best to get an asus or a soltek... unfortunately for me, they don`t sell any soltek boards here in japan... back in malaysia however, plenty of soltek boards around... intel boards just don`t support overclocking... just like intel huh... they want you to buy their latest products... and waste your money... i`m not an intel fan... so don`t ask me anything about intel... amd rules now... high overclockability, good price and great durability compared to intel processors...
    My RIG...
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @2.0GHz
    Asus A7N8X-X
    512MB PC2700 DDR
    128MB Abit GF4Ti4200 8x
    80GB Maxtor DiamondMax 9
    Realtek ALC650 on Creative Inspire 2.1

For me....I would get the Intel D875PBZ(why can't Intel have better names for their mobos!). It is awesome in out-of-the-box performance and is loaded with features. It even allows for a little bit of overclocking, though I don't know much about that.

But...than again i myself have the Asus P4g8x deluxe mobo and it too is awesome. So don't knock Asus.

Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    For me....I would get the Intel D875PBZ(why can't Intel have better names for their mobos!). It is awesome in out-of-the-box performance and is loaded with features. It even allows for a little bit of overclocking, though I don't know much about that.

But...than again i myself have the Asus P4g8x deluxe mobo and it too is awesome. So don't knock Asus.

Chaos
    Are you talking about the burn in mode in the BIOS?

Yeah..a "burn-in mode is included. You can only oc the thing 5% though. But i like it still. By the way..it is called the D875PBZ, knicknamed, "Bonanza"

From what I think I know, the D875PBZ is the first and only mobo from Intel that even allows ocing to be done. But i could be wrong. I will check it out as soon as i am done with this post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information