Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max clock?

After running 3dMARK2001SE it said my max external clock was 3ghz, what does that mean?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

*waits*

External or Internal???

Internal Clock Maximum is something like the max. support speed, but is only estimated. But maybe I'm wrong

Anyway, I don't think 3dmark is a good tool to know your hardware. For example it says that I have two processors...nice...obviusly I just have one.

hehe nice, here is the pic i meant i cropped a lot but i hope this helps

Ok, SANDRA says that my MB supports processor with speeds up to 2.40 Ghz, the same value in "internal clock maximum" in 3dmark.

does that mean i can o/c the thing until 3.07 mhz until i increase the voltage or is that he max PERIOD?

I guess is the maximum processor speed that supports your MB, you can buy a processor of 3 Ghz. But it is only estimated. For example mine says 2.4 Ghz, but Celerons with 100FSB just have a max. clock of 1.4Ghz

im dont think its the highest proc ur mobo can hold, cuz I know for a fact my mobo can use cpu's higher than 2.8 gHz, but that is whats listed as the clock max in sandra and 3dmark. toolbox is ur proc o/c to 3.07 ghz cuz maybe the max it lists is the highest ur proc is running at? :confused:

no its at 2.8

Why don't you check SANDRA, is a better option than 3dmark...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information