Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Shuttle introduces XPC SN45G with nForce2 Ultra400

Shuttle is pleased to announce the XPC SN45G, bringing the new NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra400 chipset, overclocking features, and 400MHz FSB support for the AMD Athlon XP 3200+ and beyond.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Front Shot of XPC
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Talk about a radically small and powerful desktop replacement!

• ? - Where can we actually buy this svelte over-clockable mini-rocket? When will it be ready to ship?
    Iíve been eying these flex atxís for a while, and I called US Shuttle for more info. They told me that this unit and others are soon to be released, including a case with 2 5Ē bays. I do a lot of travel and use my computer a lot. I bought a laptop about 3.5 years ago, but itís more fragile, plus upgrades and repairs are expensive, limited and done by someone other than myself. So Iíve wanted a small form factor PC for some time now.

I just bought my first LCD monitor last week (15Ē for portability), so Iím ready to get itís companion, an XPC.

My DIY ideas.
    Iím thinking of getting the new SN45G, adding a ďsufficiently cooledĒ high performance video card in it, and customize the unit with a full sized 300-400 watt PS** (P4 ready), probably attached to the case externally (on top). This would allow removal of the internal PS, which Iím almost positive, would yield a 3.5Ē shadow drive bay area. (More internal heat, one less internal fan, will need to supplement more cooling fans)

I plan on putting some kind of rubberized corner protectors to facilitate shock absorption.

• ? - Any suggestions for a good AGP 8x video card? I like flight sims and 3D games, but I donít need the best card money can buy, and want better than last years technology. My last card was an nvidia GeForce2 MX, Iíve been checking out the newer GF4 TI cards (around $180). Desired options, two VGA outs.
    • ? - Is there a good gamer card that also lets you do video editing, video in and out? For example, Iíd like to be able to watch VCR movies through my computer, and produce my own home videos. Perhaps I should do that with an external unit instead.(?)

BTW Ė This is my first post here, I like your site, keep up the good work!

** I personally saw an SN41G opened up, talked with the computer show sales rep and also a tech from US Shuttle about replacing the PS and they both said that you could replace the supplied flex atx 200watt power supply with a full sized one(!) if you could find the room to mount it somewhere, the connections on the mother board are the same.

Thread Information