Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abit IC7 Max3 motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Nope as the two PS2 ports are still there, just no useless serial and parrallel ports.
    'Bout time !!! Who really uses those anymore ? :woot:
    SPAM Special Ops

Quote Originally Posted by E^vol
    'Bout time !!! Who really uses those anymore ? :woot:
    I do, i've got an old Palm IIIx and the cradle is Serial; I've also got a link to hook my GPS up to my comp that is Serial as well

granted, I could get serial -> usb adapters for both of these...but that cost money, and my mobo still has 2 serial ports, so until I get a mobo that doesn't have serial, I'm sticking with it
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

well once serial ports are gone there are a few products from different companies out there that will enable you to have a USB serial port, one of which is the beklin usb to serial converter. Thease are fairly common now a days since alot of laptops dont come with a serial port and ppl still need it, there is also a USB to parralel converter and this is thing is super expensive.

E^vol: Abit's original IT7 Max motherboard (released over 1 year ago) had no legacy ports at all, not even PS2. But a lot of people complained so the PS2 ports were reintroduced.

Yes I don't like USB k/b's and mice one little bit.

Hm, USB k/b and mouse NEVER, dont like them at all. And what is it with you people, I still use the parallel port today, its an old scanner that ive always had.

I still run my old hardware driven external modem from a serial port and that's about all they're good (plus my server is the only PC of mine that needs it) for now but runnin' a scanner off them is very very slow which is why mine's a USB one (plus they're cheap enough so why not upgrade it?).

Well, I dont upgrade becaist it works great, (UMAX Astra 610P) scans a color page in 40sec and is picture quality.

Are you guys kidding me ? Geez...If I had my way, we'd all be using USB 2.0 keyboards & mice ! Or 1394b keyboards & mice !!! That way we could have better precision and more features / buttons ! :thumb: :D :woot:
    SPAM Special Ops

I'm not kiddin' as you try usin' those others in Safe Mode. :devil win

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information