Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abit IC7 Max3 motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I'm not kiddin' as you try usin' those others in Safe Mode. :devil win
    Safe mode ? What's "safe mode" ?? :rofl: :rofl:

I see your point. :shh:
    SPAM Special Ops

Early specs

Abit IC7-G Max3
    Processor Pentium 4 FSB 533/800MHz
    HyperThreading
    Chipset - Intel 875P Canterwood
    Memory - PC2700/PC3200 (and higher)
    2x UltraDMA/100
    6x SerialATA(RAID)
    3 IEEE-1394
    Audio AC'92 v2.2
    8 USB 2.0
    Gigabit Ethernet (CSA)
    OTES cooling

The board is equipped with the following features Fan EQ (fan monitoring), SoftMenu III (overclocking) and FlashMenu (flashing the BIOS) and Game Accelerator (memory timings).

ABIT Press Release

Taipei, Taiwan, July 11th 2003: In 13 days, 17 hours, a time of great change will be upon us. Old ideologies will be swept away in a storm that will shake the very foundations of the silicon-industrial complex and reveal new paradigms of technological evolution. Following in the footsteps of MAX1 and 2, MAX3 is poised to change the world of motherboards forever. What now seems like a radical design will soon become a standard that other companies will soon adopt; ever the innovator, ABIT seeks to release enthusiasts cast down by thermal oppression and usher in a new era of cool, stable computing.

Built for Overclockers by Overclockers

The ABIT Engineers have always sought to challenge established dogma. The first overclockable motherboards were fashioned by ABIT at a time when overclocking was known as the Black E Art, practiced by those who dared to unleash nameless forces. While other companies were cowering in the darkness, producing soulless clones, the ABIT Engineers were busy in their hidden laboratories, creating a living BIOS that would allow overclockers to gain full mastery over their systems, giving them power over their machines.

The Birth of MAX

The original MAX series arrived at a time of great uncertainty in the motherboard industry, and was seen by many enthusiasts as a new hope amidst a sea of despair. What was needed in motherboards was a new way of thinking, and MAX gave hope where before there was none. The words legacy free had been but a concept cherished by enthusiasts who looked forever forward, rather than clinging to faded glories and tarnished ideologies. MAX I was the first motherboard created looking completely towards the future without being constrained by the old ways thinking. Its release transformed an industry grown complacent with pushing derivative products on woefully jaded enthusiasts.

MAX3: The Rise of Cooling

MAX3 promises to take this world, the world transformed by MAX I and II, and illuminate the inherent darkness that has come to symbolize the desktop motherboard market. With a radically advanced cooling solution and the most flexible, powerful and forward thinking technologies for the most demanding and discerning enthusiasts, MAX3 is more than a new motherboard: It is a new way of thinking.

On July 25, the world will learn all about MAX3. Only MAX from ABIT is built with MAXimum in mind. ABITís MAX3 will bring users a new idea of:

MAXimum Cooling
    MAXimum Performance
    MAXimum Storage
    MAXimum Service
    MAXimum Security
    MAXimum Overclocking
    MAXimum Multimedia
    MAXimum Engineering

Nobody has seen nor experienced anything like MAX3 and the MAXimum features and performance it will offer. On July 21, come to the ABIT website at www.abit.com.tw to see an early look at the future of motherboards.

Abit officially unveiled its IC7 MAX3 motherboard today, all the specs etc are available here.

Abit's IC7-MAX3 goes on sale, but for $279.00 USD.

More information

Extreme Overclocking has posted several pictures of Abit's new IC7 MAX3 motherboard, expect a review quite soon.

Abit IC7 MAX3 images

WOW!!! nice ass mobo!!! GLAD too see thoes old serial ports gone and that big long one, the printerport? i dunno thats useless too, if u got a serial device, then its been outdated and u need to get a new one, not use ur 1997 scanner on ur 2003-2004 PC, they got scanners 5x better!! if u even need one.

btw, whats "Legacy"? is that the "old crap ports" like ps2 or serial? cuz im down with the usb mouse and KB infact my old ass dell actualy gained like 200pts on 3dmark01 when i turned Legacy devices OFF in the bios... not once have i had my usb mouse/kb not work in safe mode ether, but not trying to flame all u ppl who still use serial/ps2, as i always say "whatever makes you happy"
    2.4 p4c @3.06 1020mhz fsb
    ASUS P4C800Delux
    CORSAIR ddr500 XMS (3-4-4-8)
    maxtor 120gb w/8meg cache (raid0)
    2x WD Raptors (Raid0)
    2x120Gb Maxtor's
    Ti4200 363/667 mhz
    Water-cooled Koolance case

ZEROKOOL: Abit have an AMD MAX3 board coming soon as well.

i have a bunch of serial things. I use them because its easier:

1) my TiVo is normally hooked up to the serial port (a tivonet card would cost me 75 bucks)

2) PIC Programmer (serial)

3) parallel port: LCD in front of my case

Abit IC7 MAX3 reviews (This post will be updated as new reviews are released)

HardOCP
    OCAU
    OC Addiction NEW
    Viper Lair NEW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information