Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Mac G5's

Iuno if this is heresy around here ( :p ) but the new mac's look interesting. I picked up a TIME magazine and saw the new "Fastest PC in the world," as mac called it. Although they wont tell you outright, the test they did using a P4 (3Ghz) were on intel boards and with other generic parts, from Dell. Kind of biased, but it still seems damn fast. Here's the website:

http://www.apple.com/powermac/

Just posting it to see what everyone's opinion is (not that I'd buy one, mac OS is such a pain to work with). : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Actually, I think that the Mac OS is probably one of the most user friendly operating systems in existence, but the biggest problem I have with them is the lack of ported programs and utilities. When big name programs and games come out for the PC, you might get really lucky and have them ported to the Mac, but the odds aren't in your favor.

But I will say that from all accounts that I have been seeing, their self-proclaimed title of "Fastest PC on Earth" are more than just a little exaggerated. More to the point, it seems that someone might have a claim for a lawsuit for false advertising, but that is just my take on the situation.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information