Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Tyan releases the 1st Opteron workstation board with PCI-X i

Fremont, CA, August 18th, 2003 – Tyan® today announced the Thunder K8W (S2885), the paragon in high performance dual AMD Opteron™ workstations. The Thunder K8W (S2885) delivers the best performance for powering mechanical computer-aided design/computer-aided engineering (MCAD/CAE), digital content creation, productivity, 3D modeling, and other multimedia applications. The platform’s main features promote optimal graphics output, high storage, high-speed data transfer, and rich sound quality.

The richest-feature Opteron workstation board
    The Thunder K8W (S2885) caters to the needs of the most demanding workstation with the scalability of 32-bit and 64-bit support. It’s the world first Opteron workstation board that equips PCI-X interface. The AGP Pro 8X/AGP 8X Pro 110 slot allows for increased video memory bandwidth, optimized graphics, and faster data flow. With its high data-transfer speed, integrated FireWire is the top choice for digital audio and video devices as well as external hard drives and other peripherals. Integrated Gigabit Ethernet also increases the broadband connectivity and bandwidth. The platform also has integrated six-channel audio with SPDIF produces fuller and immersive experience for multimedia, while eight DIMM slots support up to 16GB of ECC memory. Finally, four Serial ATA ports offer maximum storage capabilities.

“The Thunder K8W (S2885) satisfies every aspect of the workstation for mission critical video and graphical applications,” said Danny Hsu, Director of Marketing at Tyan. “With features such as AGP Pro 8X/AGP 8X Pro 110, FireWire, and six-channel audio, the Thunder K8W (S2885) offers a cutting-edge solution for the workstation environment."

The Thunder K8W (S2885) is currently sampling, and will start shipping in August.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

OMFG. 16GB of DDR memory? I think I got that laying here somewhere.

But seriously, I think I found my new server :thumb:
    Thanks tweak.

sweet mobo, but i found those 2 heatsink for the NB (i think) kinda sad. Is like those 2 buck ones.

looks damn nice.

nice find mr.tweak
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

damn man. That mobo looks massive!
    hey, are there any PCI-X cards even on the market yet?

That right there is the mobo i would buy for my home system if i just happened to find a couple of million dollars.

edit/ oh, and are all those brown plugs on the board for 3 pin system fans???!!! And what sort of PSU does that thing use? It has like 3 different sockets for power by the looks of it.
    The typical kiwi male eats roots and leaves.

this coming from the mouth of a AMD hater...IM IMPRESSED!!
    2.4 p4c @3.06 1020mhz fsb
    ASUS P4C800Delux
    CORSAIR ddr500 XMS (3-4-4-8)
    maxtor 120gb w/8meg cache (raid0)
    2x WD Raptors (Raid0)
    2x120Gb Maxtor's
    Ti4200 363/667 mhz
    Water-cooled Koolance case

Im waiting for PCI-Express, codenamed 3GIO, man this will be fast!
    SYX -=AMD Powered=-
    AMD 1800+ @ 1880Mhz on A7S333 , 250 Meg DDR 333 Platinum @2-2-2-6
    Asus TNT 2 32 meg (128) , 250W ATX, 200W AT (same case)
    Steel automotive intake fan (see avatar) , 3X40mm exaust fans in the back

Thread Information