Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XPlay - iPod now supported on PC

Until a whole new (superior) audio compression format comes out and makes those players useless. I hardly think Apple are stupid enough to put the iPod at the base of its tech tree/begin building standards from it.

I applaud apple for their 'innovative' technologies, but if they aint gunna do it right the first time, dont do it at all. If firewire was done right, we wouldnt be here talking about 20% betterness with usb2, and at the rear of my case would be one kickass firewire hub, not a usb2 hub.

Samsung make the dodgyest drives imaginable. I pity those who belive it will survive more than a year in a tiny enclosure bound to be knocked around/dropped/subjected to normal abuse any portable device encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Corduroy
    Digital, what were you able to do with the iPod once you had it recognized by XP? Where you able to import and export MP3s? Could you do everything a Mac Owner could do with iTunes?
    We could drag and drop files to the iPod like on the Mac the only problem with MP3's was they wouldn't be in the playlists on the iPod unless you edited the playlist files on the iPods hard drive manually with a text editor..

Xplay does that for you automatically I believe, but does cost $30, same as MacDrive [included with xplay] or macOpener..

Bahamut Zer0,

Apple did do it right the first time. Firewire has been out for years and for years has been better that USB. USB 2.0 just caught up and barely surpassed Firewire. And now, just as USB has gotten a little past Firewire, Apple is again unveiling a superior technology in gigawire. It's ridiculous to say that Apple hasn't done things right, they've outdone the PC market twice now.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

ok, so apple make themselves a kickass standard but it takes all those years for the pc market to (half) adopt it. Ever wondered why?

When I say do it right the first time, I mean make the 'standard' really standard. Worthwhile, if you will. Firewire was good for very few applications. Wasnt backwards compatible with anything, and only widley accepted on one platform. That platform...well, lets keep the pointless apple vs pc arguement out of the picture.

USB2 has more advantages and less disadvantages than firewire. Its sucess is in the industry is based on logic.
    Simple, really.

If this 'gigaware' is released as a true standard, good for apple. Otherwise youll just have another company do them over and we return to the beginning of the circle again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information