Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EPoX EP-8K5A2+ (KT333) Motherboard

Ah yes, Serial ATA. Something I need to read up on. Anyone have a link to a comprehensive description/explaination of Serial ATA?

You should be able to get most of the details from here, http://www.serialata.org/index.html :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks for pointing that out Zeradul. Serial ATA seems like a kick ass feature...can't wait to see it in action this fall as the article mentioned.

Thanks for the link WiGGo.: peace2:
    - Damien

Oh wow, that is alot simpler than I thought it was going to be. It will even be backwards compatable with existing Parallel ATA... wow-- I didn't expect that.

I know right...backward compatablilty is always a welcome feature for the trasition phase. Hey lemme ask what the lil Digital Number display on the Epox Mobo do?...is it for a system temps?: peace2:
    - Damien

That's the post debugger so if it won't post that will display a code to say what went wrong. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

The IDE ports are an improvement over the 8K3A+, but not enough for me. Not full-tower friendly:no:

My last board was an Epox. I agree with Big_Danny... the power supply connector should be located away from the I/O ports.:confused:

Overall, I say this board will be great and a top choice on my upgrade list.:D

Seems that EPoX made some last minute changes or added another version to the lineup but the pic shows a HSF on the northbridge plus they changed the RAID controller from the High Point 372 chip to the High Point 374 chip and added another DIMM to the mix. :?:

Update: It seems that this one is called the EP-8K5A3+ : peace2:

http://www.epox.com/html/english/news.htm

The HP 374 model is the 8K5A3+.

Good news (well at least for US users) is that the board is supposed to be available there on 5th of August, i.e. Monday.

Not sure why it would need HSF on the northbridge however. Maybe it was a picture of the KT400 board?

BTW: Anyone seen the blurb on Epox's front page about 8K5 family supporting FSB upto 400 Mhz?? I'm pretty sure I've seen one of the reviews of one of the KT333 boards mentioning that it can support FPS of 333 Mhz. It wouldn't have been 8K3A by any chance?

The reason why I'm asking is that there is growing speculation around the traps that AMD will soon release Athlon with 333 Mhz FSP (instead of current 266 Mhz).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information